Vermouth – fortified drink, which is made by special technology of fragrant herbs, fruits and spices. Cocktails with vermouth have wide popularity as the drink itself. The taste of the cocktail, the vermouth, is unusual, with a signature hint of tart. Alcoholic beverage goes well with other ingredients that help to reveal the unique, recognizable taste of vermouth. There are many cocktail recipes that can be prepared in the home of vermouth.
General rules of making cocktails with vermouth
Professional bartenders share the secrets of making cocktails with vermouth, so you can easily repeat the recipe at home.
- Secret # 1. The composition must not be more than five ingredients. In this case, all the components, you can taste and get pleasure from the drink. An exception is the “layered” of the neck, where each layer does not mix with others. In these drinks allowed to use more than five ingredients.
- Secret # 2. Shake all the ingredients should be combined with each other. The drink should not be the dominant flavors, otherwise the cocktail will not work.
- Secret # 3. Dairy products do not mix with acidic drinks: milk from such a combination can coagulate.
- Secret # 4. The shake should not be too strong, so that your guests could appreciate the taste of other shakes, and not to “go knockout” after the first glass.
- Secret # 5. All that you will use to prepare the neck (alcohol, juices, sodas, ice) should be fresh. Pay special attention to the fact that the ice should be frozen prior to use. If you add the ice cubes, which have lain for some time in the fridge, the taste of the drink will be spoiled by extraneous smells.
- Secret number 6. Follow the recipe of cocktails and be sure to use the type of vermouth that is specified in the recipe.
Usually for making use of shakes a Martini, Cinzano, Salvatore, Marengo. Martini cocktails can be made from white vermouth (Bianco), pink (Rose), red (Red), dry (Dry).
Note! Many people use the pink vermouth in cocktails. This is the youngest species of vermouth, which is obtained by combination of white and red wine.
Cocktail recipes based on vermouth
The cocktails, prepared on the basis of vermouth, different soft pleasant taste with a moderate strength. Cocktail recipes a lot, but at home it is better to choose drinks that are easy to prepare. This is especially true if suddenly descended guests who want to treat unusual tails.
One of the popular shakes is considered a “Negroni”. It’s a cocktail aperitif gin and vermouth.
The ingredients for a Negroni:
- Pink Martini – 30 ml;
- Campari – 30 ml;
- Angostura bitters – a few drops;
- The orange zest.
Martini, Campari and bitters mix in a shaker, then pour into rocks filled with ice. For spice, add the orange zest.
Another famous recipe – a cocktail with vermouth and tonic. It is made of the following components:
- White Martini – 80 ml;
- Lime juice/lemon – 20 ml;
- Tonic – 50 ml;
- Whiskey – 20 ml;
- Sugar syrup – 10 ml;
The ingredients are mixed together with a shaker, and then pour it in a tall glass glass.
Many compatriots prefer to use instead of the famous Martini, a product of the Russian manufacture – Delasy. The taste of the drink does not differ from the Martini or Cinzano: the same bitter, spicy, with hints of sage. Vermouth Delasy drink as an aperitif, but are most often used as a main ingredient in cocktails.
Cocktail with juice and vermouth is the simplest solution, but as you know, all genius is simple. Preparing it this way:
- In a highball laid out the ice cubes so as to fill almost the entire volume of glass.
- On the ice, poured 50 ml white Martini.
- Then add orange juice (150 ml).
- The contents of the highball mixed bar spoon, and as a decoration you can use the shavings of orange peel.
“Gangster’s girl” — a cocktail made of gin and vermouth.
Prepare the following ingredients:
- 40 ml Martini Dry;
- 35 ml gin;
- 10 ml Cointreau;
- 120 ml orange juice;
Note! You can use instead of Cointreau any other orange liquor taste, such as Triple Sec.
Preparing “gangster’s girl” is simple: in a cocktail shaker with ice pour all the drinks shake. Using a strainer, pour the contents of shaker into a tall glass and decorate the rim of the glass with a slice of lemon or of orange circle.
“Manhattan” is called the king of cocktails, the recipe for which was invented over 100 years ago. A cocktail made of vermouth and Bourbon, has not lost its relevance in our time. Bartenders suggest to start with the tails from this drink because it is a classic example of how to be a real alcoholic cocktail.
What is getting ready to “Manhattan”:
- Martini or Cinzano Rosso 30 ml;
- Bourbon 60 ml;
- Angostura (bitters Venezuelan) – 2 ml;
- Ice cubes;
- Cocktail cherry.
The preparation of the drink:
- In a glass with ice, mix a Martini/Cinzano, Bourbon, Angostura, using a bar spoon.
- In a chilled Martini glass to pour it from one Cup of the resulting content. This is best to use a strainer – spoon with holes like a small sieve.
- The cocktail is served without ice, with a straw. As decoration used maraschino cherry.
Cocktails with liqueurs and vermouth are popular in night clubs, bars and restaurants. Try to cook at home sweet shake with a spicy touch of “arena”.
What you will need for “Arena”:
- Cinzano Bianco – 60 ml;
- Tonic – 70 ml;
- The flesh of sweet melon – 100 grams;
- Orange liqueur – 10 ml.
The pulp of honeydew melon cut into cubes, whisk blender until consistency of mashed potatoes. Add the melon puree Cinzano, orange liqueur, again mix well. Pour the shake in a tall glass, fill with tonic, stir bar spoon.
Another interesting option for the neck with the liquor – drink “Charleston”.
- White Martini – 25ml;
- Gin – 25 ml;
- Cinzano Dry 25 ml;
- The maraschino liqueur – 25 ml;
- Cherry liqueur – 25 ml;
- Lemon zest.
Preparation: in a cocktail shaker with ice, pour the Martini, Cinzano, gin, two kinds of liqueur. Stir the contents of the shaker, pour through strainer into a chilled Martini glass. Decorate the edge of the glass shavings of lemon peel.
A cocktail of vermouth with the addition of sparkling wine (ideally it is better to use natural champagne) called Vermouth champagne.
The drink includes:
- 100 ml sparkling wine;
- 100 ml of any Martini;
- 100 grams of sugar;
How to prepare Vermouth champagne:
- In a chilled Martini glass pour the champagne.
- Add a Martini, pour the sugar.
- From lemon squeeze the juice and pour in the champagne and Martini.
- The contents of the glass stir bar spoon, pour in a glass of ice and serve with a straw.
- As the decoration will fit a thin spiral of lemon peel.
Sweet white vermouth Bianco is often used as an ingredient in cocktails with alcohol.
Try to cook a stunning cocktail Americano with Campari and Martini Bianco. It is made from the following ingredients:
- White Martini – 30 ml;
- Campari – 30 ml;
- A few drops of lime juice.
In a chilled highball pour a Martini and Campari, stir in 100 grams of ice, stir bar spoon. Add soda water to fill the entire volume of the highball. Left to put a few drops of lime juice and decorate the glass with shavings of lime zest.
“Bianca sunrise” — a drink that is often bought by girls. Surprise your lovely lady, and prepare at home a bright and tasty cocktail.
What you’ll need:
- Martini Bianco 50 ml;
- Freshly squeezed orange juice – 75 ml;
- Cranberry juice 75 ml;
- 100 grams of crushed ice.
The preparation of the drink is very simple: mix all ingredients in a shaker, pour into a glass with ice, garnish with orange slice.
Vermouths are perfectly combined with many alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks: Cola, vodka, absinthe, gin, juice, etc. Choose recipes that will satisfy your own tastes and enjoy your guests. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try a combination of new flavors, discover the combination of drinks and make friends unique homemade cocktails.