In the last few years one of the most fashionable cocktails is considered the Cuban Mojito (Mojito). Now to enjoy its unique taste don’t have to go to the bar. I seated about the technology of making Mojitos at home. Knowing all the details, you can make this cocktail in your kitchen. We consider alcoholic and non-alcoholic recipes.
Historical note. Cocktail Mojito is an improved version of the drink “Fights”, the recipe of which came up with famous pirate F. Drake. The pirates insisted on a Lyme rum and mint. The resulting drink helped them to deal with infectious diseases in marine expeditions.
In 1942, the family Martinez opened in Havana, a private bar, La Bodeguita del Medio. The main highlight was the cocktail “Mojito” (a Spanish word mojito translates as “a little wet”), which differed from pirate recipe one extra ingredient – soda (soda). Delicious moderately strong cocktail quickly became popular and spread throughout the world, and bar Martinez is working successfully so far.
The composition and proportions:
- lime (in a pinch, lemon) – 1 piece;
- white rum – 30 ml;
- soda (sprite) – 60 ml;
- sugar (preferably cane) – 1 tablespoon.
- fresh mint leaves – 5-6 leaves;
- ice cubes – 100 grams.
Classic Mojito cocktail
1. Cut the lime in half and hand squeeze a glass of juice from one half. Add sugar.
2. Finely chop the mint and put in a glass of lime juice. The crushed leaves and pound with a wooden mallet or a regular spoon. For beauty, you can add a few whole mint leaves.
3. Up to the top to fill the glass with ice cubes.
4. Add 30 ml of rum.
5. All of the remaining glass space to fill a soda (sprite).
6. Serve with a straw.
The recipe for virgin Mojito
This drink can treat even children, as it contains no alcohol. The recipe differs slightly from the classic version, just not added the rum. How to make non-alcoholic Mojito, for example, strawberry and lemon, say the authors of the next video.
Make non-alcoholic Mojito without the rum