Virgin Mojito — a great way to cool off. It’s quick and easy. In any supermarket you will find it the ingredients. In the heart of the drink — mint, lime and soda. To prepare the cocktail, Mojito non-alcoholic, it is important to observe the proportions and choose the right ingredients.
A little history of the cocktail
There are several versions of where was invented the drink. Consensus on this issue does not exist. Here are the main versions of the origin of this legendary cocktail:
- The Birthplace Of The Mojito — Cuba. The cocktail was invented in 1942 at restaurant “Bodeguita del Medio”. The restaurant owner Martinez decided to mix rum, ice and mint. The result is a delicious refreshing drink that is said, liked to drink himself Ernest Hemingway. This bar-restaurant still serves Mojito classic recipe, and it is included in many tourist guides.
- Slightly less popular version of the drink was invented by the pirate Francis Drake. According to legend, was on Board the problem with fresh water — she quickly deteriorated. Then Drake was asked to bring the rum. To soften the taste, the pirates added lemon and mint.
- The third version of the prototype of the cocktail was “Mint Julep”, is popular in South America. However, the classic recipe it was a little like — it was prepared on the basis of brandy and Bourbon. Then the Cubans took over the recipe, replacing the brandy and Bourbon for rum.
In Russia, the recipe came in the late 90s, and the popularity began to pick up in the 2000s.
Mojito composition and correct proportions
Recipe non-alcoholic Mojito in the classic version includes certain ingredients in specific proportions:
- Soda — 60 ml;
- Lime juice — 30 ml (about 1/2 of the fruit, peel don’t throw away);
- Cane sugar — 1 teaspoon;
- Mint — 5-6 fresh leaves;
- The ice — 100 grams
Next, divide the glass into 3 parts. First third — a mixture of mint, lime and sugar. The second third of crushed ice. The third soda.
This is the recipe for what should be a classic Mojito cocktail soft. In the alcoholic version adds white rum Bacardi, Havana Club, Ron Varadero, Flor De Cana. The rest of the ingredients, too, are replaced by:
- Soda is used instead of “Sprite” or “Schweppes”.
- Lime replaces lemon.
- Instead of cane sugar add normal.
If you are replacing components, it turns out not classic cocktails Mojito non-alcoholic, and one of its variations. But refreshes the alternative version is not worse.
Recipes non-alcoholic Mojito
Not all adhere to the classical version of the drinks. Vary components, preparation method and proportions. In every cafe bartenders serve the cocktail in their own way, so there are different versions of the drink. If you want to make non-alcoholic Mojito at home, you can stick to any of them. Here are a few popular recipes.
A classic recipe
- Cut lime and squeeze into Cup the juice from 1 half. You can just cut a lime into 4 pieces and throw 2 slices in a container.
- Finely chop mint, add to the lime juice. Shalt wooden mortar.
- Fill the prepared glass with crushed ice 2/3 full.
- The rest of the space fill with soda.
- Decorate your mocktail Mojito with a sprig of mint and serve.
Mojito with sugar syrup in a chilled glass
- Make the sugar syrup: dissolve the sugar on the fire, pour a little water and stir syrup until smooth. Quickly cool the mixture by putting on the ice as soon as you remove from fire. Leave on time.
- Chill the glass.
- Chop mint, add to a glass, press juice using a wooden pestle, pour the juice of lime wedges.
- Add a quartered lime, but the whole.
- Gently add the cooled sugar syrup.
- Put crushed ice.
- Pour the soda.
Strawberry Mojito soft
- Put the mint into a glass and mash with the pestle.
- Pour in the lime juice squeezed from the wedges of fruit.
- Put the same a slice of lime.
- Add 5-6 strawberries and mash them with the pestle.
- Add cane sugar.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice 2/3 full.
- Add the soda.
Strawberry Mojito cocktail is served soft, decorated with a whole strawberry.
Non-alcoholic Mojito cocktail is considered to be long-drinka. Is served in a tall glass “highball”, intended for cocktails, prepared on the basis of visokogradnya drinks or soda with 2 straws with mint or a slice of lime. But if the recipe is non-alcoholic Mojito at home to repeat fairly easy, with the special dishes can be a problem. Therefore, it is possible to bring a drink in a regular glass, including faceted.
Most importantly, the glass was high or wide, so you can mix the ingredients in the classic proportions. The glass needs to be transparent so you can see all the ingredients. The ducts should be 2: thick and thin. Sugar is often added to sugar syrup, as in one of the above recipes, because the sugar crystals slowly dissolve. Mojito non-alcoholic drink for the heat, the beach, parties. Therefore, it is possible to decorate the umbrella.
- A Mojito should be drunk chilled, so it is used immediately after preparation.
- Properly cooked it is considered a drink, which the glass fogged from the cold.
- In addition to crushed ice, you can add a couple of slices whole to the drink remained cold.
- Classic and strawberry Mojito — it’s not all recipes. You can experiment, adding the juice of raspberries, watermelon, black currant. It will not be a classic cocktail, and another refreshing drink.
- If no fresh mint, add dry, but then the taste will change.
- When you pound the lime not to damage the zest, otherwise it will give bitter taste to the cocktail.