Rum is a fairly strong alcoholic drink, so not all can use it in its pure form. Light rum has a smaller degree of the fortress than dark, so it is often added to various cocktails. Thanks to the fine combination of ingredients, in journals reveals a rich, full-bodied taste of rum, with softened its strength. Cocktails with white rum can be ordered from the bartenders, and you can do it yourself.
Cocktails at home
If you have decided to prepare a mixed drink of white rum, use the recommendations of professionals:
- Replace white drink dark rum. Varieties of dark rum has a distinct taste, a strong smell, and are too large fortress, which other components will be lost on the background of strong alcohol.
- Light alcohol is most often used for making fresh summer drinks. But the rum adds a stronger neck, which prefers mainly the male population.
- Rum goes well with exotic juices and citrus fruits. At home using fruit supplements you can create a refreshing, light drink.
- Deciding to surprise guests mixed alcoholic drink, choose simple recipes. You can experiment by adding new ingredients and creating unique flavors.
A refreshing cocktail based on mint with light rum particularly popular in the hot season.
- Light rum – 50 ml;
- Lime – 1 piece;
- Cane sugar – 15 grams;
- Soda water – 100 ml;
- Fresh mint leaves – 7-8 pieces;
- Slice lime into thin slices.
- Washed mint leaves and place on the bottom of a tall glass, sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Mint with sugar, place lime, lightly press down with a spoon.
- Fill the glass with ice, pour club soda (you can use mineral) water.
- Add alcohol.
- Decorate glass lime wheel and mint leaves.
Note! A classic recipe using sugar syrup which is poured over mint leaves.
A refreshing cocktail “Pina colada” is known in all countries. It is often ordered in bars and Nightclubs, but also at home to make a drink is not difficult.
The composition of the neck:
- Bacardi — 60 ml;
- Golden rum – 15 ml;
- Coconut cream/milk – 50 ml;
- Pineapple juice – 50 ml;
- Half a lime;
How to make a cocktail:
- Pour into a shaker Cup pineapple juice, two kinds of rum, coconut cream or milk.
- Add ice and lime juice.
- Mix well, then pour into a cocktail glass through a strainer or fine sieve.
- Serve “Pina colada” with a straw and garnish the rim of the glass with a pineapple wedge.
Note! In the Caribbean, the drink is served a little differently: exclusively used freshly squeezed pineapple juice, and the finished cocktail is poured into a bowl made from a pineapple.
- Light rum – 50 ml;
- Lime juice – 20 ml;
- Sugar syrup – 20 ml;
- The ice – 100 grams;
- Frozen strawberries – 15 berries.
Cooking “Strawberry Daiquiri”:
- Pour into a blender with alcohol, lime juice, sugar syrup.
- Unfreeze the strawberries, then puree with a blender.
- Add the strawberry puree, mix thoroughly.
- In a chilled glass place a few cubes of ice, pour the drink using a strainer.
- As decoration use the berry strawberry.
For the sweetness and the lightness “Strawberry Daiquiri” I especially love women, but men prefer more traditional “Daiquiri”.
A classic drink recipe is not used rum, so the “Sangria” is considered weak, an easy cocktail. But in an impromptu appearance to the wine and fruit is added to light rum that makes the taste of “Sangria” more intense and tough.
- 1 bottle of dry red wine;
- 100 grams of cane sugar;
- 1 thing lemon and lime;
- 1 medium orange;
- Half Cup white rum;
- 200 ml of orange juice.
How to make this Sangria with rum:
- Use chilled fruit and drinks. Orange, lemon and lime cut into slices, place in a glass bowl (better suited for a pitcher of soft drinks).
- Pour in the jug of rum, stir in cane sugar.
- Place a container with fruit and rum in the fridge for a few hours that the drink has time to infuse.
- Remove from refrigerator jug, remember the fruit slightly with a wooden pestle.
- Pour in the wine and orange juice.
- Before serving, taste and if the drink will seem sweet enough, you can add a little more sugar.
The highlight of the cocktail is that it is served hot like mulled wine. On cold evenings you can warm up and cheer up warm exotic cocktail.
Ingredients for the “Hot orange”:
- Bacardi — 50 ml;
- Orange juice – 100 ml;
- Strawberry syrup – 30 ml;
- Fresh strawberry – 6-7 berries.
- With the help of a blender grind the strawberries, whip the puree with sugar syrup.
- Place the sugar and berry mass in a metal saucepan.
- Pour there is orange juice and Bacardi.
- Put the saucepan on low heat, stirring, bring to a boil but do not boil.
- Pour a hot beverage in glass Cup with handles, garnish with orange slice.
Cocktail distinguishes itself from other alcoholic mixes unique turquoise color and unusual combination of flavors. Serve the drink in the glass with long thin stem, so that the contents of the glass remained cool.
What you will need to prepare:
- White rum 35 ml;
- Liqueur blue Curacao – 35 ml;
- Liqueur Malibu – 35 ml;
- Coconut milk – 25 ml;
- Pineapple juice – 100 ml;
- Ice cubes;
- A slice of pineapple, berry cherries for decoration.
Start making the neck:
- Half chilled champagne glass, fill with ice.
- Whisk with a blender and two types of liqueur, pineapple juice, rum.
- Using a strainer pour the drink into a glass, add the coconut milk. Drink do not mix!
- Put a few ice cubes, garnish the glass with a slice of pineapple and a cherry.
Cocktail “Cuba Libre” was invented over a hundred years ago, but until now it has not lost its popularity.
- Bacardi gold 50 ml;
- Cola – 100 ml;
- ¼ Part lime;
Preparing “Cuba Libre” is elementary. In a highball fill with ice, pour lime juice, add Bacardi gold and coke. Stir the contents of the highball bar spoon, serve with a cocktail straw.
Note! Cocktail “Cuba Libre” is quite strong (about 15%), so it is often preferred to use men.
- Bacardi rum – 40 ml;
- Lime juice – 20 ml;
- The passion fruit syrup – 10 ml;
- Sugar syrup – 10 ml.
The preparation of the drink:
- In a cocktail shaker with ice pour rum, passion fruit syrup, sugar syrup, squeeze the juice of lime.
- Shake well the contents of the shaker.
- Pour through a strainer into a cocktail glass.
- Decorate the edge of the glass with cherry.
Rum and coke
The perfect combination of rum and Cola creates a simple, but at the same time, self-sustaining cocktail. The classic recipe involves the following ingredients:
- Rum (preference should be given to light the drink) – 50 ml;
- Cola – 150 ml;
- ¼ Lime;
Sequence of actions:
- Fill a highball with ice cubes.
- Pour the squeezed out lime wedges juice.
- Add the rum and then Cola.
- Stir contents with bar spoon.
- Serve and garnish the glass with a slice of lime.
Winter beverage is most often prepared with rum Bacardi or any other white rum and served hot. In the classic recipe is supposed to use dark rum, but in order for the grog was more easy and pleasant to the taste, we’ll take the Bacardi.
They use the traditional recipe for grog:
- Cane sugar – 3 tbsp;
- Bacardi – 0.3 l;
- A Cup of black tea;
- Half lemon;
- A few sticks of cinnamon and dried clove buds.
Start making grog:
- Pour the brewed tea into a saucepan and place on low heat.
- Add the sugar, stir. Wait until the surface starts to bubble, immediately remove from heat. Boil the tea with sugar in any case it is impossible!
- Stir in the cloves and put the cinnamon sticks in a pot of tea, again return to burner. Stirring occasionally, heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Very slowly pour in the pan the alcohol, hold heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the lemon slices, remove from heat.
- Let the drink stand for about 5 minutes, after which it can be poured into glass cups and serve.
- White rum – 50 ml;
- Cream liqueur – 20 ml;
- Creamy white ice cream – 100 grams;
- Whipped cream – 50 ml;
- Fresh strawberry – 1 piece.
- Whisk in a blender with the rum, liqueur, ice cream.
- Pour drink into cocktail glass with ice.
- Decorate with whipped cream and slices of fresh strawberries.
Note! You can add to the shake drinks such as vermouth, orange liqueur, to get more interesting, unusual taste.
What to drink cocktail based on white rum?
Every noble alcoholic drink you need to drink, observing the traditions and rules of its use. Rum is often mixed with other ingredients, and every continent has its own tradition how to drink a drink of rum. In the United States prefer white rum to dilute Coca-Cola or soda water. In European countries, strong alcohol mixed with berry or fruit juices.
Advised to drink a Bacardi professional bartenders:
- Citrus juices;
- Juices from exotic fruits;
- Coconut milk/cream;
- Soda pop, carbonated beverages.
One of the most famous worldwide brands of white rum – “Captain Morgan”. There are many varieties of the popular beverage, but we consider with what advise to use white rum “Captain Morgan”. Light rum mixes well with fruit juices, but also acts as a basic component of many digestive. In a “Captain Morgan” mixed with cranberry juice, sugar syrup, citrus juice, mint, soda water and other ingredients.
Drinks with rum can be warming or, on the contrary, refreshing. As ingredients of cocktails, you can use light or Golden rum, soft drinks, liqueurs, fruit juices, to get the original cocktail.