Cleaning of the brew – the eternal challenge for lovers of homemade alcohol. Most ennobles ready distillate, throwing potassium permanganate, activated carbon and other media. But you can do otherwise – to upgrade the moonshine, adding a single module – suchoparek. We will look at why and how to use this device. For the construction of the simplest designs only need a normal Bank.
Suchoparek (dephlegmator or pikulnik) – optional part moonshine, connected by pipes to the distillation of the cube and the coil. Is a container in which a pair of cooled first, and then some of them boil again and moves into the coil. During the distillation, the reflux condenser is used for the physical purification of vodka from harmful impurities, thereby improving the quality and increasing the strength of the distillate output.
Diagram of a moonshine still with suchoparek
The principle of operation of suchoparek is based on the fact that the boiling temperature of the most harmful impurities lower than that of ethanol. Getting the first suchoparek, hazardous substances congenerous, but do not boil, as the thermal energy in the dephlegmator is spent on evaporation of the lighter fractions – ethyl alcohol.
After distillation in the tank suchoparek going light brown liquid with a sharp odor. Its quantity depends on the raw materials used and designs moonshine. In the traditional distillation of sugar mash in 7 gallons of moonshine (45 degrees) have 300-400 ml of condensate contaminants.
The liquid in the dephlegmator
The advantages of suchoparek:
- cleans brew on a physical level, it is more efficient chemical methods (potassium permanganate, caustic soda, activated carbon), but if desired, both methods can be combined;
- serves as a barrier that protects the brew from getting mash at too high temperature distillation (brythons);
- makes the brew stronger;
- allows you to aromatize the drink in the distillation process (enough to put in suchoparek orange zest, slices of Apple, etc.)
- easily installed, you can connect to any distillation unit with distillation cube.
Homemade suchoparek from banks
The design of the dephlegmator is simple, to build you will need:
- Bank on 2-3 liters with a tight fitting metal lid;
- fittings with external thread – 2 pieces;
- nuts – 2 pieces;
- heat resistant glue (cool welding);
1. Outline the diameter of the holes in the ground of the alleged connection. Fitting to attach to the lid of the jar and circle with a marker.
2. To make holes. Led a sharp pain on the drawn lines, while the metal cover will RUB through.
3. Install the fitting through the nuts. For complete sealing before assembling hole design with external and internal parties to handle cold welding or heat resistant glue.
Cover suchoparek from the inside to the outside of the cover
4. Sealingly connect the suchoparek from the distillation of the cube, and refrigerator (coil) moonshine.
The assembled structure
To avoid getting beer at the brew, we suggest you place the introductory tube 10-15 mm below the displays. This extra precaution will be very useful for beginners moonshiners.
Detailed instructions for making suchoparek shown in the video. The author makes the holes with a specially sharpened drill, and on the upper surface of the lid sets two goals. The reliability of this design no doubt.
Factory models moonshine stills used suchoparek stainless steel, but in home conditions make it difficult, besides that, dephlegmator is no obvious advantages over the “canned” design.
Dephlegmator stainless steel
The effectiveness of suchoparek is largely dependent on the degree of heating of the mash. The lower the temperature, the more harmful substances condenseries on the bottom of the tank. You can also experiment with the volume capacity of the reflux condenser and external cooling. The disadvantage of this technique reduces the output of moonshine.