Seasoned bootleggers know that the grain much better than the regular moonshine sugar mash. But for its preparation you will have to spend more time and effort. We will look at how to make moonshine from wheat or other grains (barley, oats, millet or corn) at home. The technology is not very complicated, anyone can repeat it.
First, understand the taste of grain vodka, it depends on the choice of culture. Wheat turns soft drink. Rye can drive strong and sharp brew, from the barley that comes out to something like whiskey. The choice of raw materials for you. Personally, I prefer wheat.
Before soaking the grain should lie at least 2 months. It is better to use alcohol yeast and not baking, then the fermentation will be more intense. Sugar increases output without compromising quality.
1. Preparation of malt. Wheat place a layer not more than 2 cm on flat trays, then soak in warm water. The water should just barely cover the grain, otherwise it will not germinate. The pallets are put in a warm (18-25°C) dark place.
On the second or third day after soaking you will see the first sprouts. If not, so, grain of poor quality and will have to take more. During germination of wheat once a day to turn, that it is not moldy and do not turn sour.
When the shoots reach 2 cm in length and begin to overlap with each other, not separated grain is removed from the water.
2. The preparation of Braga. The capacity by 40 litres to add warm water (50-60°C) and sugar. Mix well. Wait until the water has cooled to 28-30°C. Then add at the previous stage, the malt and diluted according to instructions on the package of yeast. Stir again, then set the capacity of the water trap. During fermentation the temperature in the room should be in the range of 18-28°C.
3. Distillation. Played Braga (will be bitter without the sweetness) strain through a colander to filter out the wheat. Harvested grain can be used 2-3 more times. The quality of the brew will not deteriorate.
Add to wheat home brew 0,5 liter of kefir or another fermented milk product for the elimination of fusel smell.
Braga to overtake on the moonshine, any design, taking the distillate, while the fortress in the stream will not fall below 35 degrees.
4. Cleaning. An optional step, but many experienced bootleggers after distilling moonshine clean coal, even if it is not from sugar and grain crops.
5. Re-distillation. Improves the quality of wheat brew. To measure the fortress, to determine the quantity of pure alcohol. The distillate is diluted with water to 20% and overtake the second time. First 8-15% yield from the amount of pure alcohol to pour into a separate container. This is a harmful faction, worsening the taste. In the fall of the fortress in the stream below 40 degrees to finish the selection of the main fraction.
Wheat brew better distill twice
6. Dilution. The resulting brew second distillation diluted with water to desired strength (usually 40 to 45 degrees). Before use it is advisable to stand for 2-3 days to stabilize the taste.
The result is about 6-7 litres of the finished product with strength of 40 degrees.