Moonshine made at home, needs further dilution. Those who are not first confronted with strong domestic drinks, you know, what water you need to dilute the brew. Beginners who are just beginning to explore home brewing, often face challenges and make mistakes, which affects the quality of the drink. Bootleggers must know how to dilute the drink and what kind of water to use.
Varieties of diluting the drink
There are two basic ways how to dilute the brew. The choice of the specific variant depends on the strength of the drink you need to get in the end.
- the factory method. Is used, usually, in the industrial production of spirits. The proportions of alcohol and water are calculated according to a special schedule of Fertman. At home bootleggers use the table of Fertman, if you want to get the right proportions of moonshine and water;
- the home method. The calculations are not as exact as in the first embodiment, but many use this method. The proportions are calculated according to the formula by which the existing degree of brew desired is divided into a fortress in degrees. The result is multiplied by the volume of the moonshine. From this figure is subtracted again, the volume of brew, and the result is a figure that would indicate how many liters of water need for dilution.
Every bootlegger should know what to dilute the brew, and how it is diluted. Before you begin the distillation process, it is necessary to examine the entire information so that the strong alcohol was good quality.
How to choose the water for breeding
The main criterion when choosing a water is its softness. Some use spring or well water, but to use this water in that case, if you are confident in its softness. The best option is the use of bottled water, intended for children. Organoleptic children’s drinking water is great for diluting the alcohol home. Suitable distilled water, which is sold in automotive stores with the batteries or in the economic departments of supermarkets.
Note! Water from the tap is used only after it is passed through a filter. Then water insist a few days, and then you can begin to dilute the brew.
To dilute the brew should choose bottled water
Preparation of water to mix with moonshine
The water you add to the brew only after pre-treatment:
- Well or spring water it is advisable to skip 2-3 times through a home filter and let stand for 1.5-2 hours.
- If you use water with heavy impurities, will have to defend day.
- In the presence of bacteria in the water, it should first be boiled. Do not be afraid of bacteria, if followed by re-distillation. In the second distillation process, the microorganisms will die.
- The water, which includes chlorine use is highly undesirable, especially if the brew is diluted for re-distillation.
- Drink diluted water is too hard, turn poorly, and use it will be extremely difficult. To soften water by boiling for 10 minutes.
How to dilute the brew with water
It is important, as it will be diluted with home-brew. There are rules that will help to obtain high-quality alcohol:
- In the prepared water is poured moonshine, and not Vice versa.
- You need to calculate in advance how much water will need to dilute the brew.
- Diluted alcohol should tightly close the lid, flip the container and shake the contents.
- A few days after that divorced brew should stand in a cool dark place. Some bootleggers put container in the refrigerator.
You must pour the brew into the water, and not Vice versa
Selection of proportions
Bootleggers know several variants of calculations for which you can calculate the desired ratio. But in the modern world do not need to complicate your life: in the Internet you can find special calculators, which are placed on the phone or personal computer. Typing in the program source data, you can choose the right proportion directly online.
Those who see the table for the first time, frightened at the sight of a large number of digits. Actually, the table is very easy to determine: in the upper line indicated the desired strength of the beverage after dilution, and the columns contain the original fortress of brew. Selecting indicators vertically and horizontally, at the intersection of two lines and shows the right amount of water.
How to dilute the brew by the formula
Some prefer to use the old proven method. The formula which calculated the right amount of water looks like this:
And the fortress of brew before breeding;
In the desired strength of the drink;
With the amount of brew, which is indicated in milligrams;
D – the amount of water needed for dilution of the brew.
The basic rules of diluting the brew
The quality of the brew depends on how diluted the distillate. There are many wayshow to get a quality product:
- please prepare a container that is first filled with water, and then added alcohol;
- you must use cool water. If you take warm water, the alcohol can lose its quality and to acquire a dark hue;
- diluted moonshine infused at least a few days. If you want to entertain friends homemade alcohol, you can accelerate the process. The liquid in a glass container, shake well, and then send in the freezer or in the cold. Extreme temperatures will help in a couple of hours to get a quality drink the necessary strength;
- pouring diluted moonshine in a bottle or jar, you need to ensure that the vessel is not left in air. The liquid should reach to the neck, otherwise over time it can oxidize and acquire an unpleasant taste and smell;
- store the moonshine in a room with a temperature below 4-5 degrees.
Error when diluted moonshine with water
If the brew is too diluted, it might help to re-distillation.
Important! Not the diluted alcohol is flammable, so before the second distillation moonshine is diluted to 20 degrees.
Moonshine may after breeding to acquire muddy color and precipitate in the form of white flakes. This is not only due to the use of poor quality water or following all rules of breeding of alcohol. The reason for the formation of sludge can be a large amount of fusel oils in vodka. The fact that this Deposit formed, will only benefit the quality of the drink, because in the lees just contain harmful impurities. You need to carefully drain the liquid from the sediment and several times to skip through a carbon filter.
Subsequent sedimentation after reduction of the fortress
It is not necessary to consume the drink immediately after reconstitution. Moonshine should settle. You can put a bottle of moonshine in the freezer, and settling time will be reduced to a few hours, but hardly anyone will use this method on a regular basis.
The minimum number of days for settling for 2 or 3 days. Capacity should be put in a dark cool place. The room temperature must not exceed +5 degrees. Use only glass containers, pre-washed and dried. Plastic with alcohol can give chemical reaction, and moonshine will get harmful substances.
If you use the tips and dilute the brew with quality water in the right proportion, the end product will turn out transparent, quite strong, with a pleasant taste. Do not ignore the simple rules of the dilution of the brew, because it affects the quality of homemade alcohol.