The producers of “homemade vodka” know that it is not always in the distillation obtained pure product. Moonshine can get muddy, with an unpleasant odor. Making this drink for yourself, it’s easy to eliminate these disadvantages. You should use a simple, time-tested method, available at home – brew cleaning with potassium permanganate. This treatment will give the product a pleasant taste, clean smell.
Why is it important to clean the brew, and what methods of purification exist
The crude moonshine contains many harmful impurities
Distilled mash once, will not solve the issue of full clearing of an alcoholic beverage. To remove excess impurities to improve the taste of moonshine, additional cleanup is required. It will help to remove harmful components that affect human health, to improve the quality of the “homemade vodka”, reduce a hangover. Not purified distillate, comprises:
Also contains methyl and ethyl alcohol, acetic aldehyde.
Clear need to defend the product (1-2 days) at room temperature. It is better to use moonshine with strength of 35-40 degrees. So, the separation of fusel impurities is easier.
To obtain a purified product with no unpleasant odor, in the following ways:
- Add the baking soda.
- Apply double distillation.
- Use activated, charcoal.
- With the help of milk.
- Put the fruit.
This is not a complete list of ways to homemade vodka, “pure as a tear”. Another effective method is a variant in which use manganese.
There are many methods of purification of moonshine
What is potassium permanganate
A potent oxidizer potassium permanganate (potassium salt of manganese acid) – commonly potassium permanganate. This crystal dark purple (closer to black) color with a hint of metal. The list of qualities of the drug:
Due to these properties, the ability to oxidize organic compounds, it has been successfully used in distilling, as a cleaner brew. Dissolving the crystals in water, get the desired antiseptic solution (from pale pink to deep crimson). Depending on the desired concentration, adjusted the amount of added crystals.
The procedure and the correct proportions of potassium permanganate
To obtain transparent, no specific smell of homemade alcohol, resorted to the old, time-tested method. Home alcohol producers know how to effectively clean brew with potassium permanganate, to drink without toxic impurities – from the last century. This is a simple and affordable way that does not require large expenditures. The main thing – to observe some simple rules of cleaning product, and then the resulting quality will please you:
- the first step is to choose the right proportion, 1-2 g-per liter of vodka.;
- crimson liquid settles in a dark place;
- the process lasts for 12 days (sometimes up to 20);
- after 3 days the color changes to brown;
- 7 day there is cereal;
- requires constant monitoring of the deposition;
- when the end of the precipitation is over, the liquid again becomes the initial tone;
- the last stage is neat percolation of the distillate.
You can filter through the normal wool shedding every liter through a cotton barrier. After straining Pervak should overtake one more time (re-distillation). If necessary, re-cleaning (another way).
Note. The filter is made independently. In a plastic bottle cut off the bottom. The neck is closed tightly with a bandage (3-4 layers), cosmetic (cotton) disks, medical cotton wool.
There are several effective ways by which there is a rapid clearing of moonshine with potassium permanganate at home. This is only one of potassium permanganate, or the use of combined options. The recipe quick method of cleaning:
- taken no more than 3 g of crystals of potassium permanganate;
- mix 300 g of warm water;
- the solution is brought to a uniform consistency (dissolve all the grains);
- mixed with 3 liters of alcohol;
- stirred to obtain a pink colour;
- settles in a dark place for 12 hours;
- ready to drink filtered.
In the second embodiment, alcohol heated. This will speed up the reaction:
- manganese (2 g-per liter) is poured into heated to 40° drink;
- put on 72 hours in a cool, dark place;
- after settling, the process is carried out straining.
The recipe combined cleaning:
- to take the 12 liters of 40° distillate;
- add half a teaspoon of potassium permanganate;
- thoroughly mixed, the liquid will acquire a rusty color;
- to give a sediment to have settled rust 2 hours;
- add 50 g of natural lemon juice;
- after 2 hours, drain.
Even cleaning the brew manganese occurs with the addition of soda, the alkali, the use of activated carbon. Such methods are used in the acidity of the distillate. Soda, lye not only removes unpleasant smell, but is neutralized in the acid beverage.
Effective is the cleaning of the brew with the use of activated charcoal
Potassium permanganate and soda
Option to remove harmful impurities with the addition of soda, is done by the following recipe:
- dissolve 3 g of potassium permanganate in a beaker of hot water;
- cooled the solution to merge the “homemade vodka”, mix;
- cleansing brew (potassium permanganate), are deposited flakes of sludge;
- stir, fill up a soda (one-third teaspoon);
- leave for 12 hours;
- the beverage is filtered one more time to overtake.
Cleaned brew of potassium permanganate, can be added to the soda salt. This method of removal of harmful elements – cheap and not time consuming process. Effective method of withdrawal of acid from a home of alcohol.
Soda will help flush the acid from the brew
Potassium permanganate soda and lye
Cleaning “homemade vodka” with the addition of alkali, is used to speed up the duration of chemical reactions:
- potassium permanganate diluted in 200 g of water (based on 1.5 grams-per liter of alcohol);
- soda solution is prepared in another Cup (8-10 grams of baking soda to one liter of distillate);
- first poured the baking soda, stir – introduced manganese;
- aged for half an hour;
- preparing a mixture of water and caustic (2 g per litre of alcohol);
- poured, infused in a closed container (12-15 hours, dark place);
- after the appearance of the precipitate, is filtered.
Important. Caustic soda (lye) should not sleep in the water. Better caustic pour warm water, stir, allow to cool and already cold, pour into a container with alcohol.
To remove residues of caustic soda, the product should be ready to overtake again.
Potassium permanganate and activated carbon
This option is based on a combination of the two methods of withdrawal of impurities from the drink:
- first brew is cleaned with a solution of potassium permanganate (one and a half grams per liter of the distillate);
- prepared coal (50 grams-per liter), to grind;
- pour in the prepared alcohol;
- infused for 7 days;
- periodically (1-2 times everyday), vzbaltyvayut;
For the sedimentation of any remaining fine particles, allow to stand for another day. The finished beverage is passed through a water filter. The filter device can be manufactured by using the cotton gauze.
Coal can be taken and wood. By the way, it’s better suited for cleaning than the pharmacy activated its equivalent. Activated charcoal has lower ability to absorb contaminants.
To clean brew can be also used charcoal
What to do if the drink turned yellow after cleaning
Don’t worry if the cleaning result was a change in the shade “homemade vodka” on a yellow or brown color. Changing the color of potassium permanganate, indicates the presence of methanol, carboxylic acids (a moderate amount), using the right dose of manganese, a successful cleaning process. And in full transparency of the product (no sedimentation), the probability of a bad cleansing product, due to the insufficient amount of permanganate of potassium, high content of methanol (reactive substances without the appearance of the precipitate).
It is worth re-cleaning. To remove remaining after the removal of manganese is harmful to the health of the joints should be re-distillation of distillate. After we clear the product any other way.
Benefits and harms of potassium permanganate clean vodka of fusel oils
Cleaning helps to remove from the brew all harmful substances
The positive aspect of the use of potassium permanganate is to eliminate the maximum amount of harmful components contained in the distillate, availability of use, ability to combine with other substances, its disinfectant properties.
To harmful cleaning qualities of the permanganate of potassium is the formation of new compounds that badly affect human health:
- Sodium hydroxide.
- The oxide of manganese.
- Acetic aldehyde.
This is due to the coupling of the substances contained in the alcohol. Therefore, to increase the quality of the drink, necessary re-cleaning, double-distilled. To improve the cleansing process will help the chemical properties of soda, other additives.