For Mexicans is not so important like drinking tequila, but in Western culture is a popular ritual that requires specific knowledge and skills. Then I’ll tell you about five right ways for Europeans and Americans, anyone can repeat them.
1. Gulp (salt, lemon, tequila). On the outer side of the palm between the thumb and forefinger to sprinkle a bit of salt. Then the same finger to take a slice of lime (the usual lemon). Then lick from the palm of salt, drink a shot of tequila and bite a slice of lemon. The scheme is called “Lick! Drop! Kusni!”. It is repeated desired number of times depending on the experience of the drinker. More on the video.
Recently appeared extravagant version of this method – salt lick, not with the palm of your hand and body parts of a loved one, for example, from the shoulder. At this point, the partner holds a lemon in his teeth. Many go even further… to drink body shots at least unusual and unforgettable.
2. With orange and cinnamon. The procedure of drinking the same as in the first embodiment, only replace the lemon with an orange slice and a pinch of salt – ground cinnamon. It is interesting incomparable combination. This method is very popular in Germany and exudes a mild taste of alcohol. Even to have a snack tequila orange cinnamon women like.
3. Tequila beer (Mexican ruff). You need to mix 33 grams of tequila and 330 grams of good light beer. The beverage drink in one gulp. In the USA, this blend is called “Fog”, as it is quickly intoxicating.
4. Cocktail “Margarita”. One of the most popular cocktails worldwide, only in America annually consumed more than 750 million units. The recipe was invented by Texas noblewoman Margaret of Sams in 1948, in honor of her drink and got a name.
The recipe is three parts tequila to mix in a shaker with one part orange liqueur “Cointreau” and one part lemon juice, then add a few ice cubes. The finished drink is best served in a glass with a salt edge.
5. The Cocktail “Tequila-Boom” (Rapido). This way to drink tequila like most young people, it is common in night clubs. The drink is instantly refreshing, allowing you to continue the fun. For cooking you need to mix equal proportions of any kind of tequila and a sweet carbonated water. Next, a glass cover with a Cup holder or your hand and hit the bottom of the table (the important thing is not to break). From the impact there is a strong foam, a cocktail drink in one gulp.
6. Sangrita (Sangrita) and Banderita. This is a traditional Mexican cocktails, recipes of which only recently came to Europe. Sangrita something similar to our “Bloody Mary”, for its preparation will need: six tomatoes without the skins, the juice of two lemons and three oranges, one chopped onion and one teaspoon of pepper, sugar and salt. Then add 0.5 liters of tequila and mix all ingredients in a blender. You can still put a little crushed ice.
“Banderita” drink differently. In one pile pour “Sangrita” another tequila, and the third the lime juice, then drink them. The colors of these drinks symbolize the national flag of Mexico. Translated into Russian language the word “Bandera” means “flag”.
That is one way to drink tequila 🙂