Everyone has heard about the Georgian vodka – chacha, which the mountaineers consider to be the drink of longevity and drink before a meal in small glasses. This legendary alcohol can be purchased in the store or prepare your own from grapes. The second option allows you to control the quality. Next we will consider how to make chacha at home. The recipe is simple, and the technology largely overlaps with the moonshine.
Chacha is the Georgian national alcoholic drink with a strength 55-70 degrees belonging to the class of grape brandy. Made from the pomace of grapes that remain after making wine. In fact, chacha is a common grape moonshine. World counterparts – Italian Grappa and Slavic brandy. If you have tried Grappa, you can imagine the taste of the chacha. Of course, much depends on the quality of raw materials and production technology, but with all the rules of these drinks are very similar.
- grape pomace – 10 liters;
- sugar – 5 kg (optional);
- yeast – dry 100 grams or 500 grams of pressed (optional);
- water – 30 liters.
Suggest to prepare in advance glass bottle on 50 litres of moonshine.
Attention! Real Georgian chacha is prepared without yeast and sugar, but because of the low natural sugar content of the grapes in most regions of Russia it is not always possible or practical. Without sugar yield will be much lower. Wild yeast fermentation lasts 25-60 days instead of 5-10 on normal, but if no hurry, can wait, the flavor will be more pleasant. I propose to use the maximum adapted to our realities recipe. I guarantee that his exact observance will retain the taste and smell of raw materials. If you don’t add sugar to Braga, the amount of water can be reduced by half.
The grapes were not in vain, it is better to do the chacha, together with the homemade wine. The juice will be used to manufacture wine and pomace would make a great moonshine. In other words, we find the use of wastes of wine production.
Recipe chacha from grapes
1. Bagasse fill the container, add sugar and diluted according to instructions yeast (optional).
2. All contents of the fermentation vessel, pour warm water (20-25°C) if you add water too hot, yeast will die and fermentation will not start.
3. Stir ingredients, set the hydraulic lock or a medical glove with a hole in the finger for removal of carbon dioxide. Put the container in a dark, warm (above 30 degrees) location to ferment. Every two days remove the cover and stir well to Braga.
4. After the end of fermentation (Braga became the bitter taste without sweetness and to lighten) to begin the distillation. First you need a filtering to the remains of the cake should not be burnt by high temperature. To do this, drain the Mead from the sediment and filtered through cheesecloth, then fill the alembic. After the first distillation (select, product, while the fortress in the stream will not fall below 30%, not divided into factions) will brew with a rather unusual odor, therefore required another distillation.
5. To measure the strength of the distillate to determine the quantity of pure alcohol. To dilute the brew with water to 20% and overtake again. The first 8-12% of the amount of pure alcohol is collected separately and pour, this is a harmful fraction that can’t drink. To select the main product to the fall of the fortress in the jet up to 40%.
6. Received home chacha diluted with water up to 40-60 degrees. Before use to withstand 2-3 days in the fridge or cellar in a tightly closed glass container to stabilize the taste.
Chacha is ready!
Chacha is served on any occasion. The drink goes well with any dishes both savoury and sweet.