Although the production of whiskey requires simple components such as water, grain and oak barrels, but one bottle of alcohol can cost a lot of money. In this you will see to find out how much are the most expensive whiskey in the world. Prices are shocking. So expensive drinks available only to wealthy collectors.
The ten most expensive bottles of whiskey for the whole story:
1. The Macallan in Lalique (age – 64 years, price – $460,000). It is the oldest whiskey ever bottled. At a charity auction in November 2010, one bottle of Macallan was sold for 460 thousand dollars. However, the price of a drink is to add a unique crystal decanter (made in the singular) from renowned manufacturer crystal Lalique. But in any case, this is the most expensive whiskey in the world.
The Macallan in Lalique
2. Dalmore 64 Trinitas ($160,100). Distillery Dalmore have produced only three bottles of this whiskey. The production used a blend (mixture) of different varieties. Extract some of the alcohol is more than 140 years. In 2010, at auction in Glasgow two bottles purchased by an American collector, another investor from England. Dalmore 64 Trinitas became the first Scotch whisky sold for six figures.
Dalmore 64 Trinitas
3. Macallan 1926 (age more than 60 years, the price – $75,000). This whisky was bottled in 1986 (he was in a barrel). In 2005 a South Korean businessman bought a bottle of this drink for 75 thousand dollars. Also, this rare Scotch whisky you can taste in the city of Atlantic city by Borgata Hotel&Spa. However, one SIP of the drink will have to pay 3300$. A bit pricey…
4. Dalmore 62 (age – 70 years, price – $58,000). This single malt Scotch whisky produced in 1942, four different alcohols, dated 1868, 1876, 1926 and 1939. Just corked a dozen bottles.
In 2005, in the city of Surrey (UK) the tenant purchased a bottle of Dalmore 62 for 58 thousand dollars, and the same night, cutting it with friends, this is the most expensive drinking whiskey. The bottles are in private collections, they have not yet opened, and is unlikely to open in the future.
5. Glenfiddich 1937 ($20,000). Was released only one bottle. In 2006 it was purchased for 20 thousand dollars. It is believed to be the oldest bottle of whiskey.
6. Macallan Lalique Crystal Decanter (age – 55 years, price – $12,500). This single malt whisky to bottling for more than 50 years was in oak barrels of sherry. Its taste is particularly soft and smoky aroma. All were produced 420 bottles, now they are in private collections in England, USA, Russia and Asia. Each bottle is individually numbered, is also a distinctive feature of the Macallan Lalique Crystal Decanter is an original crystal decanter, copied from the container for perfumes, 1910.
Macallan Lalique Crystal Decanter
7. Dalmore 50 (age – 50 years, price – $11,000). In 1978, it was bottled only 60 bottles of this whisky. Experts call it one of the most delicious in the world.
8. Glenfarclas 1955 (extract – 50 years, price – $10,878). This Scottish whiskey has a sweet taste, it is bottled in 2005. The drink was created for the bicentennial of the birth of John Grant, a farmer, who in 1865 bought the distillery Glenfarclas, after which the brand became known worldwide.
9. Macallan 1939 (excerpt – 40, price – $10,125). This whiskey is bottled in 1979, it has a taste of toffee and sweet fruits. In specialized stores it is sold at a price of 10 thousand 125 dollars per bottle.
10. Chivas Regal Royal Salute (age – 50 years, price – $10,000). In 1953, the drink was bottled in honor of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. Just released 255 bottles. In America it sells for the price of 10 thousand dollars for one bottle.
Chivas Regal Royal Salute
It looks like the top ten most expensive whiskey in the world. The list is dominated by the production of Macallan and Dalmore, have stocks of alcohol aged over a hundred years. Also, these brands have proven their flawless reputation.