Real tequila do not cactus, as many think, and the juice of the blue agave that grows only in Mexico. But domestic chemists-lovers found a way. They are smart enough to use the plant that the chemical composition is closest to the agave. It appeared to be aloe Vera. Now to make tequila at home, enough to get a few aloe leaves growing in pots.
Attention! Offered the option of making tequila only simulates the taste of this drink, but in fact it is not. Although during the tasting most people can’t distinguish between a tincture of vodka in scarlet from the original tequila, but the difference in taste is still there.
Theory. Agave contains the specific polymer of fructose – inulin. After fermentation (fermentation), it is converted into alcohol with the distinctive grassy taste and smell. If you insist vodka on the plant with a high content of inulin, it is possible to drink, which taste will remind you of tequila.
Contains a lot of inulin in chicory, Jerusalem artichoke, scarlet, bananas, onions and garlic. The problem is that most of these plants have their own odor resistant, so not suitable for the preparation of homemade tequila. An acceptable result is obtained only from al.
Recipe of tequila
- the leaves of aloe Vera – 150 grams;
- vodka (vodka, diluted alcohol) – 3 liters;
- sugar – 3 teaspoons.
1. Al cut in small pieces (1 1 cm).
2. Place the pieces in a jar, cover them with alcohol.
3. To soften the taste, add sugar.
4. Cover the jar with a lid, shake well and put in 14-17 days in a dark cool place. During the infusion of homemade tequila first become green, and then Golden.
5. Strain the tincture through a cotton filter, pour into bottles and allow to stand for 1-2 days.
6. After filtration, the color will remain Golden tequila (in some cases with a greenish tinge). If you are not satisfied, then the tequila, you should put on 20-30 days in a well lightened place. Under the influence of sunlight the chlorophyll is gradually degraded, and the drink becomes transparent.
Another option lightening – dilute the resulting infusion with water in a ratio of one to one and overtake using moonshine. But in this case, the taste of tequila will be not so intense.