Another simple recipe that mimic the organoleptic properties of the original. To make brandy from vodka at home, you need oak bark, hawthorn berries and rose hips, as well as a few other readily available ingredients. Work soft drink is a dark yellow with a red tint, cognac floral aromas and hints of oak.
Attention! True cognacs and brandies produced by the infusion of grape distillate double-distilled in oak barrels for at least three years. The proposed article recipe – it’s just an attempt to recreate the color, taste and smell of cognac is simple, fast and affordable method.
For making brandy infusions use only pure vodka with no additives (egg cleaning, birch buds, cranberry, lemon, etc.) because a third party may give unpredictable taste. Also, vodka can replace diluted to 40% ethanol or rubbing alcohol or moonshine double distillation.
- vodka – 1 liter;
- oak bark – 2 teaspoons;
- the berries of the wild rose (dry) – 8 grams (10 pieces);
- hawthorn berries (dried) – 10 grams (40 pieces);
- sugar (honey) – 1 tablespoon;
- cloves – 4 pieces (without caps, only the legs);
- black tea – 1 teaspoon;
- nutmeg – 1 pinch.
- vanillin – on the tip of a knife (optional).
The bark and berries you can buy at the pharmacy. The honey softens the bitters, but the drink appears light honey color. The main thing is not to overdo it with the vanilla, that was the only weak notes.
Recipe brandy vodka
1. The bark of the oak brewed in boiling water (layer of water above 2-3 cm) and leave for 10 minutes. Drain the decoction of the bark, rinse in cold running water, then dry in the sun. Treatment with boiling water removes the excess tannins, this is typical of many “oak” infusions taste the floor.
2. Berries, cloves, nutmeg, tea and oak bark put in a jar to draw.
3. Pour in the vodka. Add sugar (honey) and vanilla. Mix well, cover tightly.
4. To insist 25-30 days in a dark place with room temperature. Shake every 5 days.
5. Ready brandy from vodka filtered through several layers of gauze and cotton wool.
6. Pour into storage bottle, close tightly.
7. Before tasting to leave a drink on 1-2 days in a cool dark place.
Shelf life – up to 5 years. The fortress of 37-38%.