Passionate stories about Harry Potter people, you know that this fabulous character and his friends-wizards love to drink butterbeer. It turns out that the drink actually exists and was invented in the times of Tudor (the Royal dynasty of England). Butterbeer was considered a signature recipe of the British monarchs. We look at some popular non-alcoholic and alcoholic cooking options.
Butterbeer is a favorite drink of Harry Potter, consisting of ice cream, milk and sweeteners. Thanks to persistent foam and yellowish muddy colour appearance similar to some varieties of the Beers (mostly white wheat), hence the name. In the classic version of non-alcoholic cocktail, as it is prepared primarily for children, but there are also recipes for adults, transforming the mixture into a low-alcohol beverage.
Popular recipes butterbeer
1. Soft (traditional).
- milk – 1 liter;
- ice cream “Plombir” – 600 grams;
- caramel sauce – 50 ml.
Preparation: beat all ingredients in a blender until a homogeneous dense mass.
If milk and ice cream you can buy in the store, then caramel sauce to get harder. Easier to do it at home by the following recipe:
1. Mix 100 ml of water and 100 grams of sugar.
2. Put the mixture on medium heat to evaporate one-third.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of cream high fat, 0.5 teaspoon of salt, a pinch of black pepper and cinnamon.
4. Boil the sauce for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
5. Allow to cool to room temperature. Caramel sauce for butter beer is ready.
2. Alcohol (for adults). Cooked for the first butterbeer recipe add gin or rum (brandy or vodka). Any proportions mostly and 1 part of alcohol have 3-4 pieces of cocktail.
The beauty of these two recipes is that you can first prepare a non-alcoholic drink for children, and then add alcohol.
3. Alcoholic No. 2 (special).
- unfiltered beer (ale) – 0.5 l;
- eggs – 2 pieces;
- butter of 1.5 teaspoons;
- cream (10% fat) – 250 ml;
- sugar – 3 table spoons;
- cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon – to taste.
1. Beat the eggs with sugar.
2. Heat the beer on medium heat (must not boil), add spices.
3. Warm the beer in a thin stream pour the beaten eggs with sugar.
4. The contents of the pan need to constantly stir, without allowing to boil.
5. Melt the butter and add to beer mixture.
6. Boil the drink within 5 minutes.
7. Pour the cream, heat again and stir.
Before serving, prepared with butter beer will have 15-20 minutes to infuse and cool down.
4. Recipe from cooks Google. The staff of the world famous company, too, drink butterbeer, but prepare the drink for your own non-alcoholic recipe.
- Coca-Cola (vanilla or cherry soda) – 500 ml;
- salted butter – 1 tablespoon;
- butterscotch – 100 grams;
- cream (10% fat) – 50 ml;
- pumpkin puree – 1 tablespoon;
- salt, ground black pepper – to taste.
1. Melt in a water bath of toffee and butter.
2. When the mixture becomes homogeneous, add the pumpkin puree, cream and spices.
3. Allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Heat the soda in the microwave (should be slightly warm).
5. Add heated soda to the prepared earlier based.
6. Ready to pour butterbeer into glasses. The drink is ready.