During the rituals the tribes of the Aztecs drank the juice of the agave at dawn. In tribute to their ancestors, Mexicans have created a cocktail called “Tequila Sunrise”, whose appearance resembles a sunrise. The drink turned out not only beautiful but also very tasty. In a few moments you will learn how to make Tequila Sanrizz at home. We will examine all the nuances.
Historical note. The recipe of the cocktail “Tequila sunrise” was invented in the 30-40s of the bartenders of the hotel, Arizona Biltmore Hotel, which is located on the border of Mexico and the United States. The drink became famous thanks to the rock group “The Rolling Stones”. During your tour of the USA in 1972, the musicians were only drinking this cocktail.
There is most likely a legend that once at the bar, Mick Jagger (leader of the rolling stones) asked him to make a cocktail “Margarita”. In response, the bartender offered to try an alternative – Tequila Sansais (composition, both drinks are very similar). Jagger agreed. Since the entire group did not recognize other cocktail except Tequila Sunrise.
Now the cocktail Tequila sunrise is included in the official list of the IBA (International Bartenders Association) – International bartenders Association. This means that the recipe must know every self-respecting bartender.
The main characteristics of the Tequila Sunrise:
- alcohol: 11,4%;
- category: long drink (cocktail large volume);
- degree of difficulty: simple;
- cooking time: 1 minute;
- the volume of a standard serving: 150 ml;
- recommended glass: Highball (a high cylindrical glass with a volume of 270 ml).
During its existence the proportions of the Tequila sunrise was changed several times, but eventually one of the options still became a classic. We will consider it.
The optimum proportions:
- tequila – 3/10 part;
- orange juice – 6/10 parts;
- grenadine – 1/10 part.
Ingredients for one serving:
- silver (clear) tequila 45 ml;
- orange juice – 90 ml;
- grenadine (pomegranate syrup) – 15 ml;
- ice cubes – 6-7 pieces.
Recipe Tequila Sunrise
1. Fill with ice highball glass (tall glass).
2. Add the tequila.
3. Pour orange juice.
4. At the center of the glass add the grenadine.
5. Stir the cocktail ingredients with a spoon. A gradation of colors after mixing creates an effect reminiscent of the rising sun.
6. From top to decorate the drink with a cherry or slice of orange.
7. Drink through a straw.
For greater clarity, suggest to watch a video that illustrates the whole technology of cooking from Vasily Zakharov.
Tequila Sunset (Tequila Sunset)
If there is sunrise, then, must be the sunset. This principle guided the bartenders, creating this an alcoholic cocktail, which in composition resembles the well-known analogue and many other cocktails with tequila. To obtain the effect of the sunset instead of the grenadine used blueberry brandy.
- tequila – 50 ml;
- orange juice – 100 ml;
- blueberry brandy (liqueur) – 20 ml.
1. Pour tequila and orange juice into a glass filled with ice.
2. Add the brandy (liqueur), wait until it drops to the bottom.
3. Garnish with cherry or a slice of orange.