Chokeberry (Aronia) is one of the favorite plants for gardeners. It does not require special care, beautiful flowers, gives a good harvest and the berries are very useful. Fans prepare alcoholic drinks to make a tincture of chokeberry at home the best recipes, tested in practice. We are going to use only cheap and readily available ingredients.
Homemade tinctures from chernoplodku better preparing for large juicy berries collected after the first frost. Also suitable dried fruit. In this case, in the suggested recipes are quite reducing by half the proportion of berries. Before preparing the ash should be carefully sort through, removing small (they are very bitter) and spoiled berries.
As the alcohol base, you can use vodka, diluted to 40-45 degrees alcohol, purified moonshine or cognac. There is no fundamental difference.
Classical tincture of chernoplodku
The most simple, but delicious version of the drink, which there is nothing superfluous.
- the berries of black ash – 1 kg;
- vodka (alcohol, moonshine) – 1 liter;
- sugar – to taste (optional).
Personally, I don’t add sugar, but lovers of sweet alcohol still advise you to add 300-500 grams .
1. Enumerated and washed Rowan to sleep in the Bank.
2. Add vodka to 2-3 cm cover the layer of berries. Add sugar (optional) and mix well.
3. Cover the jar with a lid and put on 60-70 days in a dark place with room temperature. Every 4-5 days the contents of the jar to shake.
4. Ready infusion of strain through cheesecloth, pour into bottles and close tightly with corks. In a dark place at room temperature shelf life is almost unlimited.
The result is a delicious homemade infusion of chernoplodku with color wood furniture and characteristic smell of the forest of mountain ash. Easy to drink and pleasant.
Attention! The berries can be reused, it is enough to pour the same amount of alcohol base. The taste of the two tinctures are almost identical, the second even a bit softer.
The classic version of tincture
Aromatic tincture of black ash
Adding a few cloves buds gives the drink an interesting aromatic notes. Hard to believe it’s made from ordinary black chokeberry growing everywhere.
- berries chernoplodku – 1.5 kg;
- vodka – 1 liter;
- sugar – 500 grams;
- cloves – 2-3 buds.
1. Prepared berries to fill in a jar and crush them with a wooden rolling pin.
2. Add sugar and cloves.
3. The contents of the jar well to mix, tie neck gauze and put on 2 days in a dark place with room temperature.
4. Pour vodka, stir, cover nylon cover and put in 50-65 days in a dark place with a temperature of 18-25°C.
5. Ready infusion of strain through cheesecloth and a layer of wool, then pour into bottles for storage. Shelf life – up to 3 years.
Black ash with cloves
Tincture of chokeberry honey
Healthy drink with a mild flavor.
- vodka (alcohol, brandy) – 0.5 liters;
- black ashberry – 0,5 kg;
- honey – 30 ml (2 full tablespoons).
1. Sleep Rowan berries in the jar.
2. If honey is sugar, melt it in a water bath to a liquid state.
3. Add the honey and vodka in a jar of mountain ash, mix well.
4. Cover the jar with nylon cover and put in a dark warm (18-25°C) place for 60-90 days. Once a week the contents of the jar needs to be shaken for better dispersion of the ingredients.
5. Strain the finished tincture out of black ash through several layers of cheesecloth and pour into bottles for storage. In a dark place the shelf life is unlimited.
Tincture with honey
In moderate amounts (30-50 grams per day) all prepared tinctures have a number of medicinal properties, as it retains all the nutrients of fresh berries. In the preventive purposes they can be used:
- to enhance immunity;
- reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood;
- improve appetite and normalize digestion;
- lowering blood pressure;
- strengthen the walls of blood vessels and improve their elasticity.