From ancient times the cherry liqueur is an excellent drink for the holiday table: delicious, easy to prepare and does not require rare ingredients. I propose to consider two proven recipe liqueurs from cherries that can be played at home. In the first case, the drink is prepared by steeping vodka in the second method of natural fermentation. Need only berries, sugar and water or vodka (depends on the recipe).
First you need to sort through cherries by removing stems, unripe, spoiled, rotten and mouldy berries. Even just a few spoiled berries can spoil the taste of the drink. For making liqueurs fit and frozen fruit, but after thawing it is important to use liquid after melting (just pour in a jar).
Infusion of the cherries with vodka
More robust, easy to prepare way. Vodka can be replaced cleaned the brew (suggest double fractional distillation), diluted to 40 degrees ethyl alcohol or cheap, but natural cognac.
The ingredients in a glass jar:
- cherries – 1 kg (approximately);
- vodka (vodka, cognac) – 0,5-0,7 litres;
- sugar – 300-400 grams (to taste).
1. Berries wash, pierce with a toothpick, then pour in a jar with a wide neck (not a bottle). Each layer of cherries (3-4 cm height) pour sugar – 3-5 tablespoons. For three-liter jar need 12-20 tablespoons of sugar. The result is a liqueur of moderate sweetness. Cherry lay on the shoulders of the banks, the top should be sugar.
Bones give a light almond taste due to low concentrations of cyanide and hydrocyanic acid. The correct time of infusion and sugar neutralize these harmful substances, but if you think that the beverage may harm the health, remove the cherries from the pits, leaving only pulp and juice, but the taste will be gone characteristic tartness.
2. The contents of the jar to the top, pour the alcohol base. The exact number depends on the size of berries, which should be covered with alcohol at least 1-2 cm.
3. Container tightly close the lid, put in dark place with room temperature. Every 2-3 days to shake to make the sugar dissolve faster.
Underwire can not be kept longer than 40 days!
4. After 35-40 days (only with pulp 60 days) to remove cherries from the jar, strain the infusion through several layers of gauze and cotton wool. To taste, optional further sweetened with sugar. Pour into storage bottle, close tightly. The drink is ready to use.
Fortress — 25-30%. Shelf life in a dark, cool room – up to 3 years.
The berries are used in confectionery purposes, or as a snack.
Serve homemade cherry brandy better chilled. To reduce the fortress drink, you can dilute the juice, such as cherry, Apple or orange.
The shade depends on the variety of cherries
Cherry brandy, no rum and bones
The technology is more complicated than in the first case, and reminiscent of cooking wine. But the taste is milder, there is no smell of alcohol, and the fortress below.
- cherries – 2kg;
- sugar – 800 grams;
- water – 250-300 ml.
Attention! It is advisable not to wash the berries and not collect immediately after a rain, so the skins are left wild yeast wine, otherwise the wine may not ferment. If dirty cherry had to wash, use a store-bought wine yeast (in any case not pressed or dry baking) or 2-3 days before laying the raw material to make yeast from raisins. So as not to infect the wort mold or other microorganisms, sterilize the jar with boiling water, carefully select the cherries (there should not be moldy berries) and work only washed with hands.
1. Of ripe cherries to squeeze out the seeds, being careful not to spray juice. To the bottom three-liter jars to fill up 200 grams of sugar, then add the extracted juice.
2. Of pitted cherries and the remaining sugar (600 grams) to put alternating layers.
3. Pour water up to the shoulder, not the neck, because in the fermentation process, there will be a foam and gas, which need free space.
4. On the neck of the banks to establish a water seal or wear a medical glove, in one of the fingers to make the needle hole. Additionally the glove to tie around the circumference of the neck with a rope or rubber ring.
The glove is inflated – infusion wanders the simplest design, the buckets of water
5. A jar of brandy put in a warm (18-29°C), dark place or cover it with a thick cloth. Through 8-36 hours should appear in the foam glove to at least slightly swell or the water trap start to blow bubbles. This means that the fermentation is normal.
Depending on temperature and activity of the yeast is home-made sour cherry liqueur wanders 25-55 days. Then, the glove deflates (water seal stops bubbling) and lost almost all foam. This means that you can move on to the next stage.
6. Drain the liqueur from the jar. For these purposes you can use normal nylon cover with holes. The ingress of sediment should not worry, the main thing to get rid of the remnants of the cherries.
7. After two days of settling in a tightly closed jar, remove the beverage from the precipitate, and then filtered through several layers of gauze and cotton wool.
8. Pour the finished liqueur into bottles for storage, close the tubes. A minimum of 45 days transfer to the refrigerator, cellar or basement with a temperature of 3-16°C for aging to improve the taste.
Store in a dark, cool place, preferably in bottles of dark glass, shelf life – up to 3 years. Fortress – 9-12 degrees.