Lovers liquors must have heard about Belize. This drink is a beautiful combination of two main components – whiskey and cream. He appeared in 1974, and over several decades became one of the most famous liquors in the world. Attempts by other manufacturers to repeat the success fell, Bailey remains unique.
Baileys (Rus. “Bailey” or “Bailey”) – sweet Irish cream liqueur strength of 17%. Is made by mixing triple distilled whiskey and fresh cream, and then add in the caramel, vanilla, vegetable oil and cocoa no preservatives. Some types of liquor also contain mint, coffee and chocolate.
Types of Baileys liqueur
- Baileys The Original – plain creamy tart;
- Baileys Mint Chocolate – mint and chocolate;
- Baileys Creme Caramel – caramel option;
- Baileys Coffee – with coffee.
The family of liqueurs brand Baileys
At the first acquaintance with this liqueur I advise you to remember the 5 rules of eating:
1. The time of filing. Bailey refers to the classic Digestives – drinks served after a meal, the task of which contribute to digestion. It is appropriate to put on the table at the end of the meal along with dessert dishes. As a drink for the evening Baileys is rarely used because it only goes well with a sweet snack.
2. Utensils. Pure Baileys to drink of liquor glasses with a volume of 25-30 ml (in the photo). If liquor is served with ice or mixed with other beverages, then it is poured into a larger wine glasses or a Martini.
glass of Baileys liqueur
3. Temperature. Baileys is served at room temperature (18-20°C). For cooling in the glass, you can put a few ice cubes, but the bottle of liquor is not cooled.
4. Combination with other drinks. Baileys added to unsweetened coffee, in this case, the liquor replaces the cream and sugar, additionally giving the coffee a light alcoholic tinge.
Baileys can be mixed with spirits, having a neutral taste, such as vodka and gin. This combination is more suitable for men who don’t like the excessive sweetness of Baileys. Adding this liqueur vodka or gin you simultaneously raise the strength of the drink and make it not so sweet.
Baileys not to dilute juices, mineral water and sodas, otherwise under the influence of acid and carbon dioxide cream curdle immediately, and the liquor will be tasteless.
5. Meals. Baileys can eat any dessert. Best option is ice cream, perfectly complement the taste of liquor. Fruit can be bananas, and strawberries with cream. Also the Baileys goes well with grated chocolate, marshmallows, biscuits, peanuts and sweet cream cheese.
A great appetizer to liqueur
In recent years it has become fashionable to eat Baileys fruit salad with yoghurt or cream.
Cocktails with Baileys
This liqueur not only drink pure, on its basis it is possible to prepare at home some delicious mixes.
1. Cocktail “B-52”. The recipe in the video.
2. Baileys smoothie.
- cream – 50 ml;
- coffee liqueur – 50 ml;
- Baileys – 100 ml;
- liqueur Advokat — 50 ml;
- bananas – 3 pieces.
Preparation: clear bananas from peel and cut them in slices. Whisk all ingredients in a blender and pour the drink into a Martini glass. Top cocktail you can decorate with grated chocolate.
3. Baileys with coffee. Delicious refreshing cocktail, giving cheerfulness in the summer.
Baileys with coffee
- ice cream – 100 g;
- Baileys – 30 ml;
- cold strong coffee – 100 ml.
Preparation: in a blender mix all ingredients, pour into a glass. Drink through a straw.