When it comes to a festive meal, a win-win option of drinks is champagne. Sparkling wine with bubbles like it was designed to create and maintain a fun atmosphere. About the combination of dishes with alcoholic drinks, hardly anyone thinks, so to the table are just your favorite salads, sandwiches and other edibles. Foodies, see what sakasavesa champagne, grabbed for his head. Try to understand, not to be trapped.
How to drink champagne?
Wrong appetizer exacerbates the effects of alcohol, therefore, should not be abused fatty foods, which is difficult to digest. This rule should govern the organization of any celebration. To avoid hangover after a feast, it is recommended to submit champagne light snacks.
And if the etiquette to follow in this aspect, the very sparkling wine should be drunk correctly:
- from a glass made of transparent glass on a thin stalk. Glass can be high and long or low and wide. Does not contain any decorative elements. The amount usually does not exceed 100 ml. No cups, glasses, glasses and other inappropriate utensils;
- slowly, in small SIPS, so to speak, to savor. You should enjoy playing bubbles and experience the full flavor of the drink;
- holding a wine glass in his left hand, not putting it on the table, because otherwise the waiter the signal that they no longer want to drink;
- not warming his hands warm and the drink itself, but because touching only the stem of his glass that the champagne doesn’t lose taste and sparkling as long as possible.
Important! The ideal temperature for serving – 7-9 degrees. To obtain this result, three hours before the event, send the bottle in a dark cool place.
To snack combined with a champagne reception or formal meal, choose the alcohol you need based on what dishes are the most calories. Plan the meat and potatoes – on the table you need to put right to the meat of the sparkling.
And one of the rules of etiquette, which should take men note. If you are a lady in the company, the right of the first to take a glass of grant.
After a couple of glasses sparkling with spirits you have to be careful, because the carbon dioxide contained in champagne, increases the absorption of alcohol.
The best snacks to champagne
Sparkling wine is different. It can be served in different variations (as an appetizer, main course, dessert). To expand and not suppress the taste, you need to serve the right appetizers for champagne, based on its grade: semi – alone Brut – other, and under the pink sparkling third.
Ignorance of the rules of etiquette leads to hangover and discontent guests. Traditionally served at the champagne snacks – chocolate, fruit, cheese, sandwiches – not always appropriate and beneficial to the body because of the combination with alcohol. To avoid distortion of the taste of sparkling wine, suitable for the following products:
- nuts and fruits (almost all kinds);
- solid and noble cheeses;
- some of the vegetables;
- light meats;
From such a set of snacks to champagne can be easily made in haste. Simple, sometimes simple food is better suited to the sparkling drink, so if you select it as the alcohol, there is no need to stand long in the kitchen. One shot kill two hares: the observance of etiquette and time-saving for cooking.
Next, consider what snacks to what sort of champagne is a good choice.
It is a Brut?
This kind of champagne the sugar content is 6-12 g/L. thus, very little is found fakes Brut, because the sweetness of sugar try to hide the presence of some faults.
Light delicate drink needs to be accompanied by a low calorie food. The most common snacks at Brut champagne or dry:
- goat cheese or cheese of noble;
- seafood platter, in which there is lemon juice;
- canape with pineapple and cheese;
- light spreads;
- sandwiches with caviar.
Brut or dry sparkling can be served with main dishes such as:
- fish and seafood cooked on the grill;
- any trout;
- different types of sea fish;
- green salad with pear and shrimp;
- veal steaks, cooked to “medium”;
- hot from the squid;
- chicken in peanut sauce;
- Turkey, baked with herbs of the Mediterranean.
Brut and desserts – a rare combination, but it is permitted if it will:
- white chocolate;
- sweet fruit jelly;
- nut desserts;
- salads with kiwi, mango;
- apricots/peaches grilled and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
It is a semi-sweet champagne?
8 out of 10 people prefer this variety of sparkling wine, so it is semi-sweet champagne has a huge share in the total production volume. A great combination to it – mild cheese, biscuits, fruit, cauliflower, poultry, game, asparagus. Quite appropriate filing to desserts.
A snack is served semi-sweet champagne:
- foie Gras;
- of the land;
- canapés with caviar, or salted fish;
- blue cheeses from Italy and/or France;
- canape with trout or salmon and quail eggs;
- hard cheeses.
When choosing what to eat semi-sweet sparkling wine, main courses, suitable poultry. It can be:
- chicken in orange sauce;
- rolls of poultry;
- the chicken cutlets.
Also in the list of compatibility fondue, pizza (without adding oregano), soups cold (onion, cheese, spinach), any tuna.
- any dessert which has strawberries;
- cakes without butter cream;
- pies puff pastry with fruit or coconut;
- fruit sorbet.
What to eat pink champagne?
Variety of this sparkling wine is characterized by delicate aroma. As a snack to pink champagne should be served something with meat (poultry, veal, lamb). The caviar.
Note! If you give a meal aristocratic scale, the best snacks to pink champagne cook venison, lobster, salmon or truffles.
What is served with semi-dry sparkling wine?
The bottle of this variety of champagne is perfect the same snacks that are served to the table with sweet alcohol. This is due to the fact that in the classification according to sugar content they are close, but because somewhere similar in taste parameters. Cheese plate, prosciutto canapés with fish and red caviar, sushi similar kind of snacks would be most welcome at the festive meal of any plan.
Main dishes will also work equally well of those that are prepared under semi-dry sparkling: poultry (chicken, duck), tuna, cheese fondue, etc.
Several recipes snacks
Appetizer champagne will fit the nuts, but they can not eat, so you should find a more solid meals. Including using nuts as ingredients (e.g., a dessert of some or salad).
A definite plus snacks champagne: they are prepared in haste, without requiring a lot of time to cook, which allows to organize a feast, even if you raided suddenly.
The shrimp in the egg
The snack, which is perfect for dry champagne. You will need:
- eggs chicken – 5 PCs.;
- shrimp peeled – 60g;
- celery root – 20 g;
- unsweetened yogurt (preferably homemade) – 2 tbsp;
- mustard – 5 g;
- sea salt (you can substitute regular), and allspice – to taste;
- zest of lemon – a pinch of salt.
- Eggs boil and peel. Cut in half and remove the yolk. Protein to be postponed.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together, not forgetting the egg yolk.
- The resulting mass to fill half of the protein, to a small hill beyond the edge.
- Garnish with greens.
Under champagne as snacks are ideal canapés. A good option would be also tartlets. Fill miniature baskets can cheese – a versatile product on our table.
Ingredients (mass of products depends on the number of servings):
- cheese durum;
- low-fat sour cream – 1 tbsp;
Prepared simply and quickly:
- Grate cheese on a fine grater;
- Mix with sour cream;
- Put in tarts;
- Decorate the top with berries.
Note! The more original selected the cheese, the sweeter should be a sparkling wine.
Sandwiches with cod liver
Of the products you will need:
- cod liver – 1 Bank;
- boiled egg – 1 PC.;
- rye bread;
- fresh parsley for decoration.
- Bread cut into slices that are the size of will allow you to eat a sandwich at a time.
- Cod liver oil mash, egg and chop, then mix.
- Spread the resulting paste on the bread.
- On top decorate with greenery.
Canapés with feta cheese and olives
Snack suitable for any kind of champagne. Ingredients you will need (number – at your discretion):
- feta cheese;
Made very simple:
- Cut cheese into small cubes (approximately 1×1 cm).
- Strung pieces of feta cheese on wooden sticks (you can use toothpicks).
- On top of every stick prick in the whole olive.
Easy and quick dessert that gives the answer to the question of whether to have a snack champagne fruit. The secret is in how sparkling wine is served, and what products are used. In General fruits – the perfect complement to semi-dry champagne. One of the variants of kebabs:
- bananas cut into slices thickness of 1-2 cm;
- strawberries are divided into two parts.
- Alternately on skewers sliced and served on a wide beautiful dish.
What foods and dishes are not served with sparkling wines?
Had the impression that champagne on the festive table will be appropriate, whatever the appetizer was not served. Often the ideal option I think fruit and chocolate. In fact, the gourmets would be grasped by the head, if snacks to champagne at dinner or another meal saw:
- mushrooms (except truffles);
- salads with mayonnaise dressing;
- sauces, which is vinegar;
- bitter dark chocolate;
- pork and other fatty meats;
- salted fish (not to be confused with salted);
- sausage, ham;
- garlic, onion;
- Oriental sweets, including halva.
Summarizing the list of prohibited products, we can say that champagne does not mix well with very sweet, sour and spicy ingredients.
Down with stereotypes and tradition! A noble drink should be consumed correctly. But seriously, the right combination of dishes will enjoy the taste of champagne real.