In Russia, no sparkling wines, no cost, no celebration. Brand Mondoro Asti is one of the most popular in the line of premium class products. He, like a wonderful wine, gave the world solar Italy. It is officially recognized as the most delicious drink from the Asti. Annually since 1878 in the vast Piedmont preparing a batch of these incredible sparkling wines.
The worldwide fame of the drink was found almost immediately after creation. Author Enrico Serafino first tried your masterpiece in 1878. He also came up with the name (translated as the gold of the world). It accurately and succinctly describes the taste and color of sparkling wine. Golden honey color, complemented by sparkling bubbles reminiscent of a precious gem, sparkling under the sunlight.
The wine recipe was born in an effort to repeat the legendary French champagne. In an attempt to obtain a similar product, Serafino began to conduct a series of experiments. In the course of their been established that if you do not give the nutmeg a little dobrotici, its aroma in the finished wine will be better able to open up. This is what formed the basis of the classical prescription Asti Mondoro.
The fame of the drink quickly spread beyond the Piedmont, and after 130 years of Italian champagne Asti Mondoro received world-wide fame. It was also awarded a number of prizes (although champagne can be called conditionally, so have the right to call only the drinks produced in France, in the champagne region). In 1998 they were awarded the DOCG category. This confirms the highest degree of quality and compliance with all norms and standards in the production of sparkling wine.
Features of the production cycle
Despite the relative similarity of tastes and the game of bubbles Mondoro Asti has a number of specific features that significantly distinguish it from traditional French champagne. If the latter produces mainly dry and semi-dry drinks, the famous Italian counterpart – it’s sweet and semi-sweet sparkling wine.
The production cycle of Italian sparkling wine has the following features:
- produced exclusively from grapes “White Muscat” (Muscat of Alexandria);
- collection and sorting of the harvest is carried out manually;
- the must obtained by soft pressing;
- secondary fermentation takes place in steel containers, chilled to almost zero;
- to enhance the processes of fermentation of the wort, making yeast Supplement and increase the temperature to 20 degrees mark.
Thus, part of the Asti Mondoro sugar is processed into carbon dioxide, resulting in the formation of bubbles. Once the alcohol concentration reaches 7%, the fermentation process is stopped by re-cooling. The resulting wine is cleaned of impurities, residues of sugar and yeast. This process takes place under pressure. The final stage is casting for branded bottles.
The types of drink and their tasting characteristics
Classic Italian champagne Asti Mondoro has a sweet cream color with a light note of acidity, and strength of 7.5 degrees. The drink can be clearly traced notes of nutmeg, guessed honey and floral nuances.
The high demand for Piedmontese sparkling wine was the reason the development of additional formulations. Along with the classic drink produced no less vivid varieties:
- Mondoro Asti Brut;
- the format of the rose;
- variation of Prosseco.
Tasters, giving a description of the Mondoro Asti Brut, mark bright grape tones, shaded light floral finish.
It’s a dry kind of drink has a high strength in comparison with the classics (it reaches 11%). Straw, almost white shade of Brut also noticeably distinguishes it from other analogues of sparkling wines. Manufacturers claim that, if all the time to keep the bottle in a temperature range (from +6 to +8), it will be stored indefinitely.
Mondoro Rose is another sweet kind masterpiece home Asti. Her characteristic pink color, the fortress of 9.5 degrees and a refreshing fruity taste with slight acidity. The bouquet reveal notes of wild berries (especially pronounced raspberry smell) and flavor of red grapes.
Mondoro Prosecco – zesty, dry sparkling wine with the same Golden color that has become a hallmark of the brand Asti. The fortress is one of the highest in the range (11%). Taste combines peach, pear, honeyed notes and a delicate floral bouquet. The special charm drink add long-lasting bubbles which, moreover, provide a long finish.
Rules of drinking
Although sparkling wines of Asti in themselves good, yet there are some recommendations, what to drink Asti Mondoro. Equally important is the kind of drink you want to serve meals.
Optimal the following combinations:
- Classic Asti – light desserts, mousse, ice cream and fruit.
- Brut – seafood, all kinds of cheeses, desserts, fruits. Brilliantly plays the role of an appetizer.
- Mondoro rose – the perfect complement to appetizers, desserts and fruit platters.
- PROSECO, and vegetable salads with light dressing, sweet dishes, vegetables. Serves as the basis for cocktails.
Note! For hot first and second dishes sweet sparkling wine Asti is not suitable, because it is bad sets off the rich foods. Same story with milk chocolate. With low-fat fish, Turkey breast or chicken and seafood combined only Brut and PROSECO.
Mondoro is served chilled to 6-8 degrees. It is in this range, it maximally reveals its bouquet. Golden liquid poured into tall glasses.
Cocktail style party Mondoro Asti
Italian champagne Asti Mondoro enters into the composition of many cocktails, prepared on the basis of sparkling wines. The course is like a classic drink, and its varieties. He is excellent with berries, fruits, liquors, vermouths and syrups.
In the midst of the summer season based on wine, you can cook wonderful berry cocktail, which will be appreciated by the fair sex.
- semi-sweet sparkling wine Asti Mondoro – 200 ml;
- strawberry liqueur – 40 ml;
- strawberries – 5-6 pieces.;
- ice 3 cube.
- Pre-chill the sparkling wine.
- Using the blender to crush the berries.
- Pour puree liqueur, mix and pour into glasses.
- The top layer pour Mondoro.
It is recommended to use fresh strawberries, but in the absence of such suit, and the frozen option.
Another variation of alcohol-berry mix, with the addition of fruit juice, made on the basis of the wines of Asti.
- semi-sweet Asti Mondoro – 50 ml;
- Mandarin juice – 20 ml;
- crushed ice – small handful;
- cherry juice – 20 ml.
- To prepare the cocktail glasses and throw back a few pieces of ice.
- Pour cherry juice concentrate.
- Gently pour it on top of tangerine juice.
- Final fill – the wine Mondoro.
Berry and fruit juices can be replaced by any other, similar in color and taste products.
Cocktail turns an indescribable heavenly colors. It is the alcohol components of two types: sparkling wine Asti Mondoro Dolce syrup and blue Curacao (the liqueur of this brand). In view of this fortress in the finished beverage will be slightly higher than in the previous recipes.
- the wine Asti Mondoro – 100 ml;
- liqueur blue Curacao – 50 ml;
- lemon juice – 50 ml.
- Beat in a shaker with lemon juice and brandy.
- Pour the blue mixture over high glasses.
- Pour sparkling wine and insert a straw for a cocktail.
This cocktail has a fantastic view. Fine blue shades which can clearly be seen bubbles game, guarantee the guests attention to this masterpiece.
Sparkling base is suitable for making the so-called cocktail “shooters”. They represent the alcoholic mixture of a small amount (maximum 60 ml) and high strength, swallowed in one gulp. Liquid cocaine is just an example of such a mixture.
- Asti Mondoro – 50 ml;
- vodka – 30 ml;
- energy drink – 30 ml.
- Pour in a tall glass of vodka.
- Champagne to fill the tank is ¾ full.
- To dilute the mixture of energy drink.
Served “Liquid cocaine” chilled, but without ice.
A real tropical cocktail, which incorporates all the colors and freshness of fruit, complemented by sweet notes of Italian sparkling wine.
- Asti Mondoro – 150 ml;
- banana liqueur – 50 ml;
- orange juice – 100 ml;
- peeled orange slices – 2-3 PCs.
- Put on the bottom of a deep glass fruit pieces.
- Pour into a shaker liquor with juice and mix well.
- Fill the glass of this mix and add the wine.
Additionally, you can decorate the glass with orange rings.
Cup of Mondoro Asti
Another top recipe – champagne cocktail, made with Italian champagne.
- sparkling wine – 750 ml;
- rum – 300 ml;
- peach juice – 300 ml;
- syrup passion fruit – 250 ml;
- strawberry – 10 PCs.;
- lemon and orange – 1 each
- Slice the berries and fruit slices and put them in a large container.
- Pour the juice mixed with syrup.
- To complement the champagne cocktail alcoholic components.
Optionally, the amount of fruit and strawberries can increase. Then the taste will become more pronounced fruit notes.
How to buy branded alcohol
This wine is easy to identify by the packaging. It has a multistage and complex system of protection, to forge which is very expensive. Therefore, manufacturers of counterfeit goods usually do not bother with this. To identify fake on the following grounds:
- crooked glued label (on branded alcohol all labels smooth);
- errors in the inscriptions;
- the lack of a barcode or wine composition;
- inflated the specified strength (in the original it can not exceed 11 degrees);
- plastic tube (branded wine is always sealed with natural cork with engraved Asti and code);
- the lack of spiral relief on the bottle;
- the volume of the bottle specified by the Russian letters (in the original the inscription looks 750 ml);
- the lack of on-site label oval hollows and points, bounding circle, which is easily palpated from this Asti Mondoro;
- shade of pale glass (their signature drink is sold only in bottles, with a rich emerald color);
- the lack of information about the date of bottling (this fault is indicated on the bottom of the tank);
- quickly went out the bubbles (the original game, you can watch the clock).
Another indirect sign of forgery is the absence of excise tax. But this condition is relevant only for products purchased in shops. In free trade zones, Duty Free alcohol is not taxed, so the mark on it is missing.
Storage and cost
Asti Mondoro extremely capricious to the ambient temperature. Perfect conditions plus 6-8 degrees. It is at this range ensures maximum shelf life of Asti Mondoro.
Note! Warm or frost with Italian champagne quickly changes its characteristics. Undergoing a metamorphosis is not the best way affect the taste. Besides already at 15 degrees contained in the bubbles of carbon dioxide gas will begin to break down and will seep through the cork.
Experts in the field of winemaking is recommended to observe the following conditions of storage of the drink:
- the permissible temperature range +5 to +15;
- to provide protection from sunlight (enough, 20 minutes stay in bright light to sparkling wine has become an unpleasant sulfuric taste);
- hold the bottle in wet areas (ideally this figure should be in excess of 75%);
- sparkling wine Asti Mondoro store only in horizontal position, because this ensures a continuous wetting of the tube, and it will not crack.
To provide a constant temperature in the apartment is really only in the refrigerator. In private houses the wine keep in the cellar or basement. With all the rules of the drink is stored from 1 year to 25 years.
The exact amount how much is Asti Mondoro in Moscow and other regions of the country, can not be called. Basically, the price tags start from 1,400 rubles and depend on mark-UPS sellers. Bottle, placed in a branded cardboard box usually are a little more expensive. You can save money on the purchase, if you purchase alcohol from a retailer, implementing at promotional prices. But here we must be very careful not to get a fake.
In addition to the unsurpassed taste of Asti Mondoro has one advantage that makes him so popular. This is a relatively low cost of premium drinks. His price tag is much less than that of vintage French sparkling wines and champagne. Although the taste is the Italian equivalent is a cut above many of them.
Discover other beverages from the line of Asti: