For those who like bright and juicy wine, Lambrusco Champagne should be like. It will complement a romantic dinner, decorate the Grand event will be an excellent gift.
Any quality wine usually has its own curious history. Lambrusco is no exception.
Legends and myths
The origin of Lambrusco is described by the myth, the authorship of which history ascribes to Luigi Bertelli. This man published the following story.
In the Middle ages there was war between Modena and Bologna. It was heavy, and both sides suffered heavy losses. The gods were not indifferent to the conflict: Mars sympathized with Modena, Dionysus gave each of the dead soldiers on the grape seed. Subsequently, they sprouted and there was a vine. Thus arose the grape Lambrusco.
It is believed that Venus gave this drink the sparkling.
The Name Lambrusco
This wine is made from the same grape variety. Of its varieties are produced in different varieties. Among them are white or red, depending on the grapes, which served as their basis.
There is a legend explaining how they got the name. Lived an innkeeper, at which this grape variety had a strong impression. He this wine was always on sale. Those who tried it, I noted an unusual taste. The innkeeper told them that “love tart”. This in Italian is: “L’amo brusco”. Gradually the phrase became the name.
Some believe that the origin of the name based on the word “Labrusco”. It means “wild” and emphasizes that the drink is available for connoisseurs unlike many exquisite, but very expensive wine varieties.
In 1939 the company was founded Cantina Puianello, which organized the production of Lambrusco. She grows 80% of all grapes in this class and is the biggest producer of this drink.
In the seventies these sparkling wines was the rise of popularity. Now become increasingly popular varieties of long exposure and Brut. This variety is not anyone’s property. This allows for it without obligation to adhere to certain quality standards. In some parts of Italy maintained control of the quality there of Lambrusco wines.
Lambrusco: champagne or sparkling?
Although the taste of these wines is largely similar, however, champagne and sparkling Lambrusco, there are a number of differences:
- Each of these types has a specific grape variety from which it is produced. For the first of these rules provides a list of seven varieties of grapes, from which it can produce. The grape variety Lambrusco in the list are not included.
- Original Champagne is made only in the champagne region.
- In 1891 was signed the Madrid agreement, which was legally enforceable: “champagne” can only be named wine of the province of France. This exclusive right was again confirmed in the Treaty of Versailles after the First World war, and is valid until today.
- Champagne is produced by a method in which secondary fermentation occurs in the bottle. In the production of Lambrusco in most cases the method of Sharma in which this fermentation is carried out in a special tank.
Lambrusco is known for its sweet taste, while champagne lovers prefer semi-dry wines and Brut.
In different varieties of sparkling contains no more than 13 degrees is a light and lively drink.
Features of production of Lambrusco
The taste of a particular variety depends not only on the grape varieties used. Sometimes to drink add another grape variety. For example, as such used grade Ancelotti. His presence is able to enhance the depth of flavor Lambrusco.
However, the features of various types can also be defined by other factors:
- The geographical area where grew the variety. You need to consider that over time the variety undergoes pollination of native plants and gradually partially transformerait your taste.
- When ripe, have the value weather conditions.
- The time of harvest from year to year may change. It also affects the degree of maturity of the collected grape berries.
For the production of sparkling wines Lambrusco can be used in either of two ways.
When one of these bubbles arise from natural fermentation processes. In this case we are talking about the highest quality wines. They have very specific taste and are more expensive.
For a mass production is used for the process of saturation with carbon dioxide. For this purpose, hermetically sealed vessels. They process the wine, and eventually for the emergence of bubbles does not require a long exposure.
Although in the second embodiment, it is a cheap product, however, the deterioration of taste in comparison with the first method is only minor.
Kinds of beverage
Different types of this wine, famous for its features:
- Lambrusco Emilia — white semi-sweet sparkling wine. Made from berries grown in the province of Emilia-Romagna. Known pleasant fruity aroma, including notes of wild berries.
- Marchesini Lambrusco has an intense ruby color, served with desserts or cold meat. He has a balanced fruity taste.
- From Lambrusco Rosato delicate shade of pink. Aroma fruity, delicate shade. Suitable to eat pizza or risotto. The taste palate has hints of marmalade and green apples.
- Riunite Lambrusco rose low alcohol, lightly carbonated. Color the wine has a coral pink shade.
- Lambrusco del Emilia Rosso not cloying, there is a pleasant aftertaste. It has lots of almond flavor. He red color with a ruby hue and a pink foam. The wine is perfect for snacks.
- Ambulatory Lambrusco sparkling pearl white color. This wine is semi-sweet. It has a pleasant fruity aroma.
- Lambrusco Dell’emilia Amabile — semi-sweet red with rich garnet color. Produced from three varieties with the addition of Ancelotti.
- Dell’emilia Lambrusco Corte viola — sparkling red wine with a sweet, harmonious taste with a hint of ripe fruit.
- Sanctuarythe Lambrusco — semi sweet white.
- Massimo Visconti — sparkling wine is bright ruby color with aromas of red berries and fruits. From Massimo Vikonti a pleasant sweet taste with a velvety soft finish.
- At Mirabello light color with a hint of white straw. The wine is renowned for the subtlety of flavor and freshness with a spicy bouquet with shades reminiscent of ripe pear.
- Jaconde Lambrusco — sparkling white wine with a sweet elegant taste.
- Portobello Lambrusco is a sparkling wine with a light and vibrant sweet flavor with a hint of fruit.
Listed here are the most popular of the 60 varieties.
Rules of drinking Lambrusco
Suits glasses, used for champagne. Glasses with smooth walls will allow longer to enjoy the bubbles.
There are snacks that are suitable for any class of this wine. This includes cheese and fruit. You can also use white or semi-sweet red mushrooms or sausages. The latter will fit meats.
Interesting facts about Lambrusco
This variety can be extremely sweet or dry, but not dessert.
Calorie Lambrusco is low in one glass contains less than 100 calories.
There are two varieties: sparkling and still. On bottles the first of them put a mark “Frizzante”.
Archaeologists say that about Lambrusco was known to the ancient Etruscans.
This drink is popular in USA.
More than 60 known variants of this delicious drink. They combine fragrance, sparkling and lightness of taste, which enable to distinguish the real stuff from fakes. It is suitable for most types of snacks and decorate a holiday table.
Read about other Italian sparkling wines: