First home-made apricot wine remembered a beautiful yellowish or red tint, depending on grade. The only drawback is the absence of pronounced flavor, but this is more than kompensiruet pleasant sweet taste. I’ll tell you how to make wine from apricots on a simple recipe, tested in practice. Ingredients only need the fruit, sugar and water.
For the preparation of apricot wine neporene good (no signs of rot and mold) ripe fruit plucked from the tree. If you are using apricots from the ground ready to drink can cause unpleasant earthy flavor. Also suggest to remove bone containing a threat to the health of hydrocyanic acid. Bone is not only harmful, they also give the wine a bitter taste and a pungent smell of almonds.
To make apricot wine from wild or cultivated varieties. In the first case, it turns out more fragrant but not too sweet drink, the second – on the contrary. Apricots should not be washed, because the skins with wild yeast for fermentation. All tools and containers should be pre-treated with boiling water and wipe dry to avoid contamination of the juice by pathogenic microorganisms.
1. Wipe the fruits with a dry cloth, clean from the bones. Skin leave, as it will largely determine the color and flavor of the wine.
2. Peeled apricots knead by hand until a homogeneous liquid mixture, fold in volumetric capacity with a wide neck (a pan or bowl).
3. Add warm (25-30°C) water and 1.5 kg of sugar, mix well.
4. To cover the capacity of the gauze, put on 4-5 days in a warm dark place. To mash not sour, 2-3 times a day to mix a clean hand or a wooden stick, utaplivaja inside the pop-pulp – the peel and the pulp. After 8-20 hours you should see the first signs of fermentation: foam and hiss. This means that everything is fine.
5. Fermented apricot juice to drain from the sludge. Pulp (pulp) squeeze through cheesecloth, the resulting liquid mix with the juice, add 500 grams of sugar. Mix well.
6. Pour the wort into a container to ferment, filling the bottle max to 2/3 of its volume, leaving space for carbon dioxide and foam. Set the hydraulic lock or a glove with a hole in the finger (puncturing needle).
7. To deliver the vessel at 25-60 days in a dark place with a temperature of 18-28°C for fermentation. 5 days after installation of seal water add 500 grams of sugar. For this to pour 200-250 ml of fermenting grape juice, dissolve in it the sugar syrup is ready pour it back and close the water trap. Even after 5 days to repeat the procedure, adding the remaining sugar (500 grams).
If the fermentation was terminated after 50 days, that there was no bitterness, it is advised to drain the wine from the sediment and put to Zobrazovat under water seal.
8. When the active fermentation will end (features: hydroseal a few days of not bubbling, the glove blown off, the wort is clarified, the sediment at the bottom of the fell), pour out of the young home-made apricot wine from the sediment through a thin tube into another container.
To taste, you can add more sugar to increase the sweetness or fasten it with alcohol (vodka) about 2-15% of the volume. A fortified wine from the apricots a little harder than usual on the palate, but better kept.
Capacity for aging to be filled with wine by the neck (it is advisable to avoid contact with oxygen), hermetically resealed (if added sugars in the previous stage, the first 7-10 days to keep under the water deadlock in the case of re-fermentation). Transfer to the refrigerator, basement or other room with a temperature of 5-12°C, leave for 2-4 months to Mature. This is enough time that the wine was drawn and became tastier.
When you leave traces of 2-5 cm (first, every 15-20 days, then less frequently) to filter the drink transfusion (decanting) into another container. The wine is ready when the precipitate no longer appears. In this case, the wine can be poured into bottles for storage or leave in the same capacity, there is no fundamental difference.
Ready apricot wine after 5 months of aging
The output is a homemade apricot wine with an alcohol of 10-12% (without fixation). In the cellar or fridge beverage can be stored for up to 3 years. Output – about 60% of the initial volume of the wort before fermentation.