Housewives love to cook from sweet strawberry jam, but also berry good for making wine. Home winemakers often use strawberries along with other berries. Wine of wild strawberries turns out moderately sweet, a beautiful pink color.
The nuances of making wine
How to make strawberry wine at home? There are a few things you should know about before you begin the process of preparation of the drink:
- As of wine suitable as a strawberry, and berry.
- Use ripe berries, but in any case not overripe.
- Pre-strawberry should try to use only ripe, juicy grapes without rot and stems.
- Rinse the berries is not need because they live natural yeast cultures, which activate fermentation. If the strawberries are very soiled, it can be gently washed under running cold water.
- Berries less sweet than the strawberries. This must be considered when calculating the amount of sugar.
- In the process of making homemade wine from strawberries and strawberries formed a lot of sediment on the bottom, so be sure the wine is poured into another container.
- The fermentation container should be roomy. It is desirable to use a container made of glass.
- Often strawberry wine at the insistence changes color and becomes more intense.
A classic recipe
- Wild berry – 10 kg;
- Sugar – 1.25 kg;
- Pure water is 3.6 L.
A simple recipe of wine from strawberries at home:
- Unwashed strawberries pour into a large pot, crushed.
- Cook sugar syrup, cool to room temperature.
- Pour the strawberry pulp with the syrup, put several layers of gauze, put on 5 days in a warm room, where the sun does not reach. Every day several times a lot need to stir.
- When on the surface will begin to form foam, appears distinctive smell of mash, mass filter, and the remaining mass to pass through a fine sieve.
- Juice pour into a glass container, put water trap. The wort will ferment for 1.5-2 months.
- When the fermentation in a glass container over, beverage is drained from the precipitate and poured into bottles. Some time will form a precipitate, so the wine is periodically drained into a clean container.
- The wine is stored in a cool dark place.
The preparation of the wort should be paid special attention
Recipe using raisins
What to prepare:
- 4 kg of strawberries;
- 5 cups of sugar;
- 3 liters of water;
- 100 grams of raisins (washed it should not).
How to make wine from strawberries:
- Strawberry mash with a wooden tolkushkoy.
- In a pan pour water (2 liters), add 1 kg of sugar, put on the smallest fire. In the process of cooking on the surface will produce a layer of foam, which should be immediately removed. Boil syrup 5 minutes, remove from heat, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Massa put in a clean container. Pour the syrup, add raisins, cover with cold water (need 1 liter).
- Top to close with several layers of gauze, put on 4-5 days in a darkened warm room. Periodically stir the contents.
- As soon as the first signs of fermentation the juice is drained, the cake squeeze through cheesecloth.
- In a glass washed and dried the capacity to pour all the juice. Add to the mash ½ kg of sugar.
- On the neck to pull a rubber glove with a hole in the finger or use the water seal.
- Send to ferment in a warm darkened room. After 3-4 days, drain the Cup of liquid, dissolve in it 500 grams of sugar, stir and pour back. After another 4-5 days to add in the same way the rest of the sugar.
- Weight should wander 30-55 days. When the glove deflates, and a hydraulic lock will stop to do the air, the wine is carefully drained so as not to hurt the sediment.
- Be sure to try the drink, to determine how it turned out sweet. If the taste is dominated by sour notes, you can add a little more sugar. Also in this step add the vodka or alcohol, if you want to make a fortified drink (it is also called the wine “Drunken strawberries”).
Note! If the last stage was added to the sugar, the wine is put under a water trap for another week.
- Finally pour the drink glass bottle, tightly closed and sent to storage in a cool, dark place. Periodically check the presence of sediment, and when he appeared to pour a drink using a thin rubber tube. The wine is considered ready when at the bottom do not appear to be precipitate.
The result is a fragrant berry wine with an alcohol of 11 to 13 degrees. To keep the finished product can be up to 2.5 years.
Adding raisins to strawberry wine will make the drink more tasty and fragrant
Wine from strawberries and strawberry
Often, the winemakers combine the strawberries with the strawberryto get more interesting berry flavor. Try the recipe of wine from strawberries at home with the use of sherry yeast.
What you will need:
- 4 kg of wild strawberries;
- 10 kg of ripe strawberries;
- 3 kg of sugar;
- Yeast sherry – 2 grams;
- 20 grams of tannin;
- 700 ml of wine alcohol strength of 70 degrees.
Recipe how to prepare wine from wild strawberry and strawberry:
- Unwashed berries crushed. Strawberries better to choose a more juicy, but with a small amount of juice, you can add boiled water at room temperature. Should be published not less than 7.6-8 litres of juice.
- Add sugar (half specified in the recipe). Stir well and pour into fermenting container. On the neck to pull the glove with a hole or put a water trap.
- When the fermentation becomes less rapid (approximately 5-7 days), add sherry yeast. Stir the contents, put a water trap.
- After 3-3.5 months to pour the wine without disturbing the sediment layer. Add the remaining sugar, tannin, add ethyl alcohol.
- Traditionally wine is stored in barrel of oak. But, unfortunately, not everyone can afford to buy an expensive oak barrels, so winemakers prefer to push the wine in glass bottles. Pre-into the tank is lowered a piece of oak wrapped in pure linen material.
- The drink is infused for 10-12 months and then bottled for further storage.
Note! Strawberry red strawberry wine becomes more full-bodied berry taste.
Sparkling strawberry drink
Noisy party or family dinner, decorate a bottle of sparkling wine with a delightful strawberry scent.
- 10 kg of strawberries (suitable for both forest and garden berries);
- 3 kg of sugar;
- 2 liters of water;
- 2 grams sherry yeast.
How to prepare drink:
Mash berries, add sugar. Cover with gauze, put a few days in a warm place. When fermentation begins, clean the pulp from the berries through a sieve to remove the seeds, which can add bitterness to the taste of the drink. The resulting juice pour into glass fermentation bottle. In berry mass pour clean water, a little warm on low heat, cool to room temperature. Strain, pour the juice in a container, on the neck, check the water seal.
As you can see that fermentation has completed:
- Of shutter’t get the air bubbles;
- The wine was lighter;
- At the bottom appeared thick layer of sediment.
Now pour the wine using a rubber tube, and then pass through the filter several times. Pour a small amount of the beverage, dissolve 1 kg of sugar, pour in the total weight of the mix. Prepare in advance glass bottle of thick glass, pour the wine. Each bottle cap stopper and tighten the thin wire. Hold in a warm place with a temperature of about 22 degrees for several days, then place in a cool dark place (basement or cellar). Keep bottles of sparkling wine should be in a horizontal position.
Wine from fermented jam
Many Housewives prefer to make jam from fragrant berries. But what to do with jam, which for whatever reason has strayed? Do not rush to throw fermented jam. You can prepare homemade wine from crushed with sugar of strawberries.
- Liter fermented jam;
- A liter of pure water;
- 250 grams of sugar.
Jam cover with water, stir, pour into a glass container, pour the sugar (1/2 Cup). Leave for a few days in a warm room. When you begin the fermentation mash, mass, strain, pour in scalded with boiling water glass jar. Add remaining sugar, stir. Put a water seal, leave to ferment for 2.5-3 months. After that, drain the wine from the sediment, to pass through a homemade filter bottle.
Fermented jam can be used for making wine
Advice to winemakers
Experienced home winemakers share their secrets of making delicious alcoholic beverages:
- The sludge layer, which is formed in berry wine, you can add the wort from the fruit. It will improve the taste of fruit drink.
- Strawberries can be mixed not only with strawberries for obtaining aromatic wines. You can also use the juice other berries: gooseberries, black and red currants, raspberries.
- Home the drink should be bottled in glass bottles. Plastic packaging affects the taste of wine. In addition, the plastic under the influence of wine acids liberates harmful substances, which pass into the alcohol.
- Bottles of strawberry wine should be stored in a horizontal position. Before you pour the wine before serving, the bottle should be very slow to lift, trying not to disturb the layer of sediment.
- Berry wine reveals its bouquet of aromas and flavors when flow temperature of about +8-+9 degrees.
Try to do at home fragrant wine of wild or garden strawberries. The recipe is not complicated, and as a result at home you will get an amazing and unique homemade drink that will surprise you with its amazing taste.