Usually homemade wine made from grapes, apples, pears and other familiar fruits. Ive seldom been used in winemaking. The fact that quince fruits in the composition contain not so much sugar. But the tannins on the contrary, more than in other fruits. But, thanks to the tart notes, wine from quince gives a very interesting taste. Make it not difficult even for novice winemakers.
Ive been known to mankind for several millennia. Home to wild fruits is considered to be Iran, China, the Caucasus. But trees grow not only in the South, quince has long been cultivated around the world. Features quince:
- Quince is a tree or maybe shrub. Length varies from 0.5 to 5 meters.
- The fruit resembles an Apple or a pear, depending on shape: spherical or pear-shaped. The pulp little juice, it has an astringent, tart taste with a slight sweetness. The pulp is usually solid, with a large number of small brown seeds.
- Harvested fruit can be stored up to five months.
- The fruits are practically not used in fresh form because of the astringency. Of them cook compotes, jams, preserves, added to meat dishes and homemade wine.
Requirements to raw materials for wine
Fruits that are freshly plucked from the branches not suitable for the manufacture of homemade alcohol. Wine of quinces, which will be done at home, requires only the ripe fruit. Mature fruits become after they lie down for some time. How to find out what fruits you can use:
- appears fruity smell;
- the flesh will become soft.
Note! Quince get amazing dessert and liqueur drinks.
Rested in fruits increases the amount of sugar and tannins, on the contrary, becomes smaller. This positively affects the quality and taste of the future of the beverage. Early varieties should lie down for about two weeks and later varieties will take from one to several months.
All fruits should be carefully sort out, to cut out the rotten and corrupt places. Wash fruits not need. If the peel has a strong pollution may wipe fruit with a soft, dry cloth.
Often winemakers use Japanese quince. The wine is flavorful and unusual taste. But because of the acids in that variety a lot more juice quince need to be diluted with plenty of water. Instead of water some people use the juice of green apples.
The preparation of ingredients
For making homemade wine quince fruits need to cut into two pieces, remove the stems, cut the core with seeds. If this is not done, the drink will turn out with an unpleasant taste and smell.
What you will need, in addition to fruit:
- citric acid;
- the water is clear and drinkable. Preference should be given to spring or melted water. In extreme cases, tap water need to skip several times through a home filter and allow to stand for several days.
Prepare a large glass bottle for fermentation of wort, and glass bottles. Tara needs a good wash, wipe and dry.
Homemade wine made from quince, is considered unusual exquisite drink. Of the fruits are tasty fortified, sparkling, and dessert wines. Use different recipes wine quince, and each recipe in its own interest. Better to start with the classic recipe, and then you can try something new. The General rule for all recipes is to use fruit that lay after collecting for some time. Tart juice of quinces is perfect to create interesting alcoholic beverage, but the pulp and seeds in the cooking process is not used.
Note! Follow the exact recipe, otherwise probable the risk to drink with an unpleasant aftertaste. In some recipes, by the way, the fruit should not be peeled.
There is a simple recipe of how to make wine from quince at home. You need to take so many quince fruit to make one liter of juice. Approximately you will need about 3 kg of ripe fruit. The fruit need not be washed. Cut the pulp into small pieces, pour into an enamel bowl, pour the same 3.5 liters of pure water and put on medium heat. The pulp need to soften, after which the container need to be removed from the stove and grind the contents through sieves. The resulting mass shift in the capacity for fermentation, there also add 850 grams of sugar.After the process of the fermentation liquor is filtered and then osypaetsya another 500 grams of sugar. Wine should stand, after which it must again drain. The ready drink is poured into bottles made of dark glass that are best kept in a cool place.
One of the most popular recipes winemakers – quince alcoholic drink combined with lemon. Tart sweet juice goes well with citrus acidity.
- 3 kg of quince;
- 3 kg of sugar;
- 5 liter of clean water;
- 5 grams of dry yeast;
- 3-4 lemon.
The cooking process:
- The flesh is grated without skin and core. Folded in a large enamel pot.
- Put the pulp under the press, to send the pot on the stove. After boiling reduce the heat and boil the pulp for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the press, pour in a pot of boiled water.
- Remove the pan from the heat, again put press. The pot must stand in a warm place for about four days.
- On the fifth day, the wort must be filtered through cheesecloth, folded in several layers, or a sieve.
- In a separate container mix the sugar, yeast, freshly squeezed lemon juice and finely grated lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture into the quince is a must. Wine should stand in a warm room for three days, and after the formation of the precipitate it should drain.
- The resulting wine is poured into a special glass bottle for wine and put in a cool place (ideally in the basement) for 5-6 months of maturation.
- Then the wine is poured in bottles and stored a few months, after which it is ready to eat.
Those who have been acquainted with the wine, know the recipe of ratafia. The drink was known several thousand years ago, and in the Russian Empire it was called sweet vodka. Delicious wine, could drink only people with a title of nobility for the common people they were unavailable.
Recipe ratafia quite simple. Prepare the ingredients:
- 300 grams of quince fruit;
- a half liter of vodka (40% of the fortress);
- a glass of sugar;
- pinch of grated nutmeg;
- a few buds of dried clove.
Going to make ratafia:
- Juicy yellow fruit peel, pulp grate.
- Fold the grated pulp in a large enamel pot, put the top yoke, put on 24 hours in a cool place.
- Press the pulp and drain the juice into a separate container. Stir in the sugar, mix thoroughly.
- Add the spices, pour in the vodka.
- Pour the drink from the special bottle, the neck of the plug with several layers of gauze or cotton wool.
- Put the bottle in a warm room for a month, shake daily content.
- Ratafia filter, pour into glass bottles and put in storage in the basement.
The benefits and contraindications of homemade wine quince
What are the benefits and harms of wine from quince? The quince contains a large amount of useful acids, vitamins, minerals. Fruits have diuretic, alterative, anti-inflammatory effect. Quince alcohol will benefit only if it is consumed in reasonable quantities. Quince liqueur is considered a drug that can help in case of colds, inflammation, certain types of pain.
But, like any alcohol, quince house wine has a number of contraindications:
- pregnancy, lactation;
- minor age;
- diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- high blood pressure;
- problems with the heart and blood vessels.
The rules and periods of storage
Wine, bottled, put in a few months in a cool dark place. Most often the wine is placed for storage in the basement. 2-2.5 months drink you can taste.
Shelf life will depend on many factors:
- of the formulation;
- the temperature in the room where the beverage;
- light background;
- the humidity level.
To make home-made wine of good quality can each winemaker, but the drink still need to properly store to its taste and aroma is not spoiled. Sparkling drink not stored for more than six months, it has the minimum retention period. Other drinks can be stored for up to five years under proper conditions.
Where is the best place to store homemade wine:
- A wine Cabinet.
Bottles are usually stored them in a horizontal position below the tube ahead of time not cracked and began to leak air inside.
The wine of quinces is a pleasant alcoholic beverage with a slight tart finish. On any holiday it will be the table decoration, surprising guests with unusual taste and pleasant aroma. But we should remember that its ease is deceptive, therefore, to abuse the amount of alcohol consumed is not worth it.