Strawberry is not the most suitable material for winemaking. Usually berries are added for flavoring and aroma of other fruit alcoholic beverages or used for cooking liquor. However, wine from Victoria you can do at home. Finished products produces a sweet, fragrant, mild taste.
Preparation of wine from Victoria
Strawberry is rarely used in recipes for this drink as it contains little juice – a necessary component in wine-making. For this reason, it is impossible to make the berry wine, we have to add sugar and water. Victoria – the result of interbreeding of wild and garden strawberries. The fruits grow sweet, large and aromatic. Strawberries call it is not right, because on Botanical grounds this large-fruited garden strawberries.
The different and the technology of production of homemade wine from Victoria. Products often get soft, poorly stored, so it is recommended to mount the vodka, rubbing alcohol or moonshine. It is necessary to add yeast because fungi of natural origin after preparation of the fruit remains. There are many options to make wine from frozen Victoria, strawberry compote or jam.
Used in the production process at home cookware, tools and various tools should be pre-washed, sterilized. It is best to ferment mash fit enameled pots, and for subsequent operations of the glass cylinders. It is forbidden to take the iron, aluminum containers and previously used for storing milk and milk products.
Preparation of raw materials
Recipes homemade wine from Victoria suggest pre-washing the fruit. In winemaking fermentation is carried out by natural yeasts, so other berries it is impossible to wash. Strawberry is an exception because of the proximity to the ground. For this reason, the main raw material must be thoroughly clean. Valid first soak for 20 minutes so that the dirt is easier moved. You cannot use rotten, green, crushed fruit. You should remove twigs, leaves and other debris.
Victoria does not contain tannins, therefore, to give astringency to the finished product it is recommended to add tannins or unwashed dark raisins. The last component will provide a flow of the pulp is necessary for the yeast fermentation. Berries pre-crush the hands in the pot. For making wine from frozen Victoria should be thawed in the refrigerator. It is impossible to soak with water or heat to reduce the juice content and do not degrade the taste. Continue to use as well as fresh Victoria.
The traditional recipe for homemade alcohol
- strawberry – 3 kg;
- sugar – 2 kg;
- raisins – 0.1 kg;
- water – 3 l
How to make wine from Victoria:
- To prepare the strawberries, carefully suppressed.
- Water heated to 30°C, dissolve it in half the required prescription of sugar.
- Strawberries, syrup and raisins to mix in an enamel saucepan. Capacity cover with gauze and leave for 5-7 days in a dark room at a temperature of 20-27°C.
- 3-4 times a day stir the contents with a wooden spatula so the surface formed a thick crust.
- Drain the liquid, squeeze the densest part, filtered through folded in several layers of cheesecloth into a glass bottle. The juice should fill the tank⅔, and no more.
- Part of the wort to use to dissolve 0.5 kg of sugar, then pour to the total weight.
- Set the hydraulic lock or pull to lock a medical glove with a small hole in the finger. Top the capacity to cover with blankets to protect from the effects of light and temperature changes.
- After 5 days in the same way enter remaining 0.5 kg of sugar.
- Fermentation can last up to 2 months. When the carbon dioxide bubbles cease to exit through the tube water seal or glove fully deflates, the wine is drained from the sediment into clean bottles. Fill so that no air gap remains, clean up the basement.
- Every 2-3 weeks should be drained with a dense formed parts.
- The finished wine is when it ceases to settle to the bottom of the slurry, the liquid brighten, to become more transparent. Thereafter, the resulting product storing in a cool dark room.
Note! Like any other wine, drink of Victoria can roam more than 50 days. If the wort does not drain from the sediment for a longer time, the taste and quality of the product has deteriorated, so the fluid must be removed from the dense portion into another container and continue the process.
Recipe for homemade wine from strawberry compote
- compote – 3 l;
- sugar – 350 g;
- unwashed white rice – 50 g.
How to make wine:
- In a large enameled saucepan, mix all ingredients.
- Leave in a dark, warm room for several days, stir occasionally.
- Strain the liquid into a glass bottle, set water lock, put for a month in a warm place protected from light.
- When gases cease to form, pour into clean bottles and leave to Mature in the cellar. If you need to drain from the sludge.
Note! In the same way can be done at home wine from jam jam. They must be pre-diluted with water.
The recipe is fortified homemade wine
- strawberry – 1 kg;
- sugar – 1 kg;
- vodka – 0,5 l;
- water – 0,5 L.
Step-by-step manufacture of home alcoholic beverage from Victoria:
- Berries to wash, crush, mix heated to 30-40°C water. Capacity cover with gauze and leave in a warm, dark place for 5 days with stirring 3-4 times during the day.
- To remove the foam, strain 2-3 times through a folded in several layers of cheesecloth.
- Mix with vodka, to clean up the basement or refrigerator for the week.
- To filter, pour into bottles, seal and store in the cold.
Note! Without yeast in the manufacture of wine from Victoria of fermentation will not be so in cases where pulp will not begin the process during the day, you need to add a starter.
Homemade recipe with additives
- Victoria – 2.5 kg;
- sugar – 1 kg;
- shredded lemon peel – 30 g;
- vanilla – 1 tbsp
The technology of homemade wine:
- Prepared and crushed berries mixed with other components.
- Capacity cover with gauze and leave it to 3 days in a warm, dark place.
- In this recipe cooking wine is not included so the sequence of actions is slightly different. When to start active fermentation, you need a lot to pour into a glass jar, close the water trap. Leave for 3 weeks warm.
- Filter, storing it in a fridge, cellar or basement.
Homemade wine from Victoria for most of the recipes turns out very soft, sweet. You need to add sugar, despite the sweetness of the fruit, but do this carefully to conservation properties of this ingredient has not stopped the fermentation prematurely. Homemade drink is kept small, it is important to keep the finished product in the cold and the dark.