The production of wine is one of the popular methods of processing of crop plum. Most interesting is that the technology of preparation is simple, and the result pleasantly surprises with its elegance and freshness. Wine from plum has many useful properties and has a tart taste and wonderful aroma.
Useful properties of plums
Use the fruit due to their chemical composition, which makes them an effective tool in the treatment of many diseases. The secret of the healing action of this product is that it:
- raises the immunity and reduces the risk of the formation of plaque, thanks to the presence of ascorbic acid;
- speeds up digestion and activates the digestive system;
- normalizes the intestinal peristalsis and eliminates the problems with a chair;
- improves appetite and refreshing in the summer;
- beneficial effect on bile flow and the excretion of unwanted fluids;
- helps to withstand stress situations and to relax after a hard day;
- used as a remedy to reduce fever and eliminate headaches for colds;
- used during pregnancy because it contains essential vitamins and minerals.
Cherry plums are used not only for treatment and prevention of diseases, but also included in diet for weight loss as the product has low calorie content.
To prepare the dessert wine using a dark red plum, and a table drink yellow. This is due to the amount of sucrose in the molecular composition of the product. The best varieties of plum trees are resistant to frost and incomparable taste. The classification of grades depends on the time of maturation.
To early maturing types, which are widely used for making wine product include:
- Zlata skiff. The tree is not very high, the fruit is a yellow hue, slightly sour. Bone separated with difficulty. The average yields.
- Traveler. A plant of medium size, early harvest and regular. Large, sweet fruit with yellow neoclasica bone.
- Timiryazevskiy. The tree is low and is resistant to diseases. The fruits are small, but juicy, the pulp has a yellow color, and apparently maroon. The pit is separated well.
The most common representative srednetajelogo grade – Kuban comet. Yellow fruit of large size have a sweet and sour taste. Tree low, with an average sochetaemost.
For varieties of plum of medium ripening include:
- Avalanche. High yielding variety that has large fruit yellow hue with a pleasant taste. Bone quickly separated.
- Granite. Large juicy fruits, a characteristic feature which has a waxy plaque, which ensures their resistance to frost.
Important! The taste of the wine depend on the correct choice of the varieties of plum. Beverage production need to look delicious with the option to extract the bone, as it contains hydrocyanic acid, which has a negative effect on the body.
Preparation of packagings and ingredients
To make wine of plums at home and need a minimum number of components:
- 3 kg plums;
- 4 liters of water;
- sugar (300 grams in 1 liter of the beverage);
- raisins (optional).
To protect cherry plum wine from various pathogenic organisms to help thorough sterilization of all containers. Fruits do not need to wash, as located on the surface of microorganisms will play the role of yeast in fermentation process.
The technology of making wine
To make homemade wine from plums, you need to know simple rules:
- Carefully touch the fruit, as the presence of at least one damaged component can considerably change the aroma and taste of the drink.
- To improve the fermentation process need to use special wine yeast, or simply put the raisins.
- Water is better to use spring, well or filtered.
Note! For each type of cherry plum wine is a classic recipe and if you follow him, then in the end turn out flavorful and really a magical drink.
Home wine making allows you to get wine from red plum with good flavor and aroma. To do this:
- Carefully sort through, getting rid of spoiled fruit, leaves and stems.
- Careful to grind the product to a state of mashed potatoes without damaging the bones.
- Put the resulting composition in a container with a wide neck, pour water and add the raisins.
- To prevent using a wooden spoon.
- Tie the neck with gauze and place in a warm place.
- After an intense formation of foam and sour smell, strain through cheesecloth into another container.
- Then add sugar, pin on top of the water-gate, and set aside in a dark place with a temperature of 18-25 degrees.
- When the wort becomes light and there will be sediment, pour into another container through a tube and seal tube.
To make white wine from yellow plum need to:
- Crush the fruits until the consistency of mashed potatoes, careful not to touch bone.
- Add some raisins and pour water.
- Close the neck with gauze and place in a well heated place, stirring twice a day.
- After 3 days, when the fermentation process will begin, drain the juice through cheesecloth and skip the pulp.
- The resulting drink is poured into a bottle and adding the sugar, mix well.
- In the tank to leave a little space for carbon dioxide and subsequent doses of sugar;
- Close the bottle with water trap and move to a dark, well-heated place until completely cooked through.
For the preparation of honey wine from red plum you need to:
- From plums remove the seeds and pericolace the pulp into a puree.
- Place it in a specially prepared fermenting.
- To heat water to room temperature and pour to the finished puree.
- Add sugar and raisins, cover with cheesecloth and place in a warm place.
- After 72 hours, carefully remove the pulp and add 400 grams of honey.
- Mix everything carefully to install gidrootval and place in a warm place.
- 30-40 days to pour the drink in the bottle and expect its full ripening.
Using this simple recipe, you can get a slightly tart drink with honey flavor and a delicate aroma.
The shelf life of the drink
When the drink is ready, it should be placed in a room with a temperature of 10-17 degrees and to hold from 30 to 90 days. After that, it will be much tastier and will acquire a lighter shade.
For convenience, the wine should be poured into bottles and close well with caps. Storing the product 3 years, but to drink it is better to start after 1 year after preparation.
The use of wine for industrial premises in reasonable quantities will not lead to serious consequences. It is important, before you exceed the norm, pay attention, because excessive use of the product may:
- cause high blood sugar;
- to increase the acidity of the stomach;
- strengthen allergic reaction.
Important! The abuse of wine from plums, like any other alcohol, can lead to poisoning, which is accompanied by heartburn, diarrhea and severe pain in the stomach area, so all you need to know the measure.
The preparation will not take much time and does not require much effort. And the result will be pleased as the wine from the plums will become an indispensable attribute for family holidays, as well as helping to create a favorable atmosphere during the evening friendly gatherings.