In the wine industry use the commercial varieties due to their high richness and high sugar content. Organoleptic characteristics of the wine from table grape varieties is often not worse, as for a tasty beverage, you must have good raw material. While there may be minor changes to the recipe and technology of cooking.
The differences of table grapes
The technical purpose of the berries is not talking about the secondary importance of a number of varieties. It only indicates the presence of characteristics that make them more suitable for the production of juice and wine. There are varieties occupy an intermediate position, suitable both for eating fresh and for wine.
Table 1. Comparative characteristics of varieties
|Settings||Table grapes||Technical grapes|
|The sugar content||13-20%||Up to 26%|
|Structure berries||Meaty, little juice||A large amount of juice|
|The fruit size||Large||Small|
|Appointment||The use of fresh||Making juice, alcoholic beverages|
Due to the low content of juice when making wine from table grapes may need the addition of water in wine is considered undesirable. A small concentration of sugar makes most of these varieties unsuitable for the production of the dry varieties of the drink. The introduction of both components is not mandatory, you should focus on a specific type, climatic conditions of growth. In the rainy summer the content of juice is higher in Sunny and dry increases the sugar content.
Table grapes for making wine:
- Tayfi Pink;
- Delight perfect;
- Of Moldova;
- Hope the EPA;
- Muscat Of Alexandria.
In homemade wine from table grapes is allowed to add water only if the berries are too meaty and not enough juice is formed. Fermentation of the pulp should not exceed 9 days, during this time, the maximum amount of moisture, pigments, flavoring substances highlighted in the wort. Sugar is recommended for acceleration of fermentative processes, like yeast. Table grapes contains it smaller, but it seems sweeter due to small concentrations of acids.
Manufacture of wine from white and red table grapes is likely to have to boost because the large berries in the mash would only bring a small percentage of the peel, covered with a whitish bloom. Natural yeasts will eventually be less than required. The reduced content of sugar also have a negative impact, because the fungus will have nothing to eat. Sluggish current process will strengthen brewer’s yeast or unwashed dark raisins. It is possible to conduct mounting with alcohol.
Note! For cooking wine, you can use any recipes. The introduction of additional components should be implemented as necessary. In the production of the drink from the table grape varieties it is recommended to use several varieties.
- table grapes white or dark with a transparent juice – 5-10 kg;
- sugar – to taste;
- water to 100 ml to 1 liter of juice;
- leaven as needed.
How to make white wine:
- Berries to sort, delete, rotten, green, dry, musty. The pulp should not be leaves, twigs, insects.
- Unwashed fruit in an enamel pot or bucket to crush a wooden pestle or hands, without violating the integrity of seeds. Capacity to cover the gauze or cotton cloth, to leave a white variety of grape varieties at night, and the dark table for 3-5 hours at a temperature of 18-20°C. the Main thing is that the surface of the foam, commenced fermentation.
- The juice is separated by gravity into a large bottle or jar, white grape press valid, red is not desirable, because the wort will fall pigments. The liquid is filtered several times.
- If necessary, add water. If the juice is enough, and if the sample doesn’t taste brings cheekbones from excessive acidity, it is better to do without it.
- For the neck to set the water seal or to stretch a medical glove with a small hole in the finger. For protection from temperature extremes and sunlight, to cover with a blanket. Indoors to support 18-22 degrees Celsius.
- If fermenting is weak, add yeast and sugar. The latter can be used to improve the taste. For this to cast a small portion of the wort to mix with the sugar until complete dissolution of crystals to enter back. The entire volume add not once, but 2-3 times with an interval of 5-10 days.
- For making white wine out of table grapes in the procedure will take about 1-1. 5 months. It is further recommended to artificially stop the process of rapid cooling or pasteurization.
- Drain the liquid from the sediment into a clean container, filling under the neck to remove layer of air. Cover tightly, transfer to the cellar for maturation. As deposition of dense particles at the bottom and the formation of voids, add the same wine. Every 2-3 weeks to drain from the sludge. The process can take 3-4 months, then it is desirable to lighten gelatin or egg protein, since the drink from the table grapes, and so is not different long-term storage.
- Bottle of dark glass, cork, transfer to the cellar.
- table grape is in a divided state should get 5 liters of crushed berries for 10 liter wine
- sugar – 200 g in 1 litre of wort;
- water to 100 ml to 1 liter of juice;
- leaven as needed.
How to make red wine from table grapes:
- To prepare berries, place in an enamel pan or bowl to put down. It is acceptable to leave about 10-30% of scallops with grapes to give the drink a tartness.
- Capacity cover with gauze and leave in a dark place at 20 to 27°C for 5-6 days. The mass is constantly stirred to prevent the formation of dense crusts on the surface.
- Strain the liquid in a glass bottle, squeeze the pulp with a cloth and remove. It is possible to hold additional filtering, add water, to enter the dissolved sugar.
- Install the seal water, cover with a blanket to protect against adverse environmental factors. To support on one level, the fermentation temperature 20-27°C.
- The process can take up to 2 months. If gas continues to stand out, to be drained from the sediment into a clean bottle and leave under the same conditions.
- The young wine is placed in another container, filling to the brim, close the lid, put in a cellar to Mature. In the production of the product of a dark table grapes, the process takes 3-6 months. Every 2-3 weeks is required to remove from the sludge, to avoid rancidity and prokisaniya drink.
- If the liquid remains turbid, conduct clarification, the last time to remove a dense suspension.
- Fill the prepared bottles, storing it in a cool dark room.
The taste of the wine from table grapes often do not yield a beverage of technical varieties. It is necessary to choose different combinations, use multiple grades at the same time, follow the recipe and technology of cooking. The low sugar content of the berries may cause a poor fermentation, short shelf life of the finished product. A good result is obtained when you choose simple recipes without a lot of additional operations.