Today, we have compiled all the questions Whisky lovers have asked about Indri Whisky. Here we go.
What does Indri whisky taste like?
The taste profile of Indri Whisky varies across its different expressions, each offering a unique blend of flavors:
- Indri Dru: This expression has a sweetish fruity forward taste, transitioning gracefully into soft spice and sweet vanilla. As the flavors develop, a touch of chocolate and wood lactones creates a complex and harmonious taste experience.
- Indri Diwali Collector’s Edition 2023: This unique whiskey, matured in PX Sherry casks, provides a rich array of flavors. It offers notes of smoke, candied dried fruits, toasted nuts, micro spices, oak, and bittersweet chocolate, indicative of its substantial maturation period and the subtropical climate of North India, where it’s produced.
- Indri Trini Three Wood Single Malt: This variant is noted for its fresh garden mint nose, suggesting a refreshing and vibrant start. Made with indigenous six-row barley and matured in first-fill bourbon, ex-French wine, and PX sherry casks, it presents a diverse and layered flavor profile.
- Indri Drú: This whisky is described as well-balanced despite its high alcohol content. It starts with a peak of spice and evolves into dark chocolate, forest fruit, wood, burnt sugar, ginger, and tobacco flavors, offering a rich and intricate tasting experience.
- General Flavor Profile of Indri: Overall, Indri Whisky is known for its rich and complex flavor profile, encompassing notes of honey, vanilla, spice, oak, and smoke. This characterizes the whisky as a well-rounded and deeply flavorful spirit.
Each expression of Indri Whisky brings its own unique flavors and characteristics, reflecting the brand’s commitment to crafting high-quality and diverse whiskies.
Where is Indri Whisky made?
Indri Whisky is manufactured by Piccadilly Distilleries, which owns a distillery in Indri, Haryana, India. The distillery, part of the company that started in 1953 in Doraha, initially focused on liquor distribution before expanding into whisky production. The specific location of the distillery in Indri, Haryana, plays a significant role in the unique flavor profile of the whisky, influenced by the regional climate and terroir.
How to make Indri whisky? – Indri making process.
The manufacturing process of Indri Whisky involves several meticulous steps:
- Farming: The process begins with barley farming in Bundi, Rajasthan. The barley is hand-harvested using a six-row cultivated method and sent to expert maltsters for quality selection.
- Germinating: The selected barley is steeped in water and spread on malting floors to germinate. Regular turning prevents heat buildup and activates enzymes essential for converting starch into sugar. After germination, the barley is dried in a kiln, with peat added to impart a smoky flavor.
- Mashing: The dried malt is ground into a grist and mixed with hot water in three stages. This process converts starches into sugar, resulting in a sweet liquid called wort. The spent grains, known as draff, are repurposed as cattle feed.
- Fermenting: The wort is cooled and fermented with yeast in washbacks. This step produces alcohol and congeners, with vigorous frothing indicating active fermentation. The process results in a wash of about 6-8% alcohol.
- Distilling: The wash undergoes two stages of distillation in pot stills. The shape of the pot plays a critical role in flavor development. The first distillation separates alcohol from impurities, and the second stage further purifies it, isolating the ‘heart’ of the distillate, which is about 68% alcohol by volume.
- Maturing: The distilled spirit is reduced to 63% alcohol by volume and aged in oak casks. These casks may have previously contained wine, bourbon, or sherry, contributing to the whisky’s flavor and color. The maturation process enhances the whisky’s complexity.
- Blending: The final step involves the art of blending, where the master blender selects from various casks and combines different malts. The whisky is then allowed to marry in casks before bottling, ensuring a smooth and natural union of flavors.
Each step in the process is carefully executed to ensure that Indri Whisky maintains its distinctive taste and quality.
What is the ABV in Indri whisky?
The ABV (Alcohol by Volume) in Indri Whisky typically varies depending on the specific product. For example, in Indri Single Malt Indian Whisky, is 46% ABV 750ml.
What is the price of indri Diwali collector?
Indri Diwali Collector Price – ₹ 5,000.
What is the rating of Indri trini?
Whisky reviews for Indri Trini – The Three Wood
The average rating is 85.10 points. (source – Whiskeybase.com)
Is indri whisky available in csd?
No, As of the latest information available, Indri Whisky does not appear to be listed among the brands available in CSD (Canteen Stores Department) canteens for the Indian Army.